Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More sensitive to caffeine page

supersellen is offline Senior Member

More sensitive to caffeine

Shop Now
    I have been primal for only a week and a half or so, but I have noticed that I have become much more sensitive to the caffeine in my morning coffee as far as the general jitters. Anyone else??

Doodman222 is offline Junior Member
    It's funny you posted this today. I just drank a big cup of coffee with my breakfast this morning, and my head is swimming a little.

EGYnutrition is offline Senior Member
    Could mean your adrenals are getting a break from the the sugar and cortisol swings, allowing you to re-sensitize to caffeine...

In Pursuit of Healthiness, Only to Achieve Happiness!: www.livingnotsurviving.com

MeatMe216 is offline Senior Member
    i am sensitive to caffine ever since cutting way back on the stuff years ago. I use coffee in case of emergency only.

AntonG is offline Senior Member
    oh i can never drink that stuff, it gives me jitters and anxiety. i read a lot about caffeine, some people are actually allergic to it.

MattyD is offline Member
    I have similar experiences with caffeine but especially with alcohol. I used to be 5 pints before chatty, 7-8 tipsy, 15 drunk, the most I've drank in the last few months was 3 and I was pretty tipsy!

lmyers04 is offline Senior Member
    I cut the caffiene so i could have a better idea of what effect my diet was having on my body. for example, I never knew if I was energized from my meals, or from the caffiene, and likewise, sometimes I wasnt sure weather or not I was underfueled or just having a caffiene crash.

i dont miss the caffiene, i drink decaf, which has much smaller amounts.

I sleep better

one less thing to worry about really

after I had been doing decaf for about a month, I accidentally had some regular coffee at my dads house, and I felt like I had just snorted 2 lines of coke. yikes. im sticking with the decaf.

Daemonized is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lmyers04 View Post
    after I had been doing decaf for about a month, I accidentally had some regular coffee at my dads house, and I felt like I had just snorted 2 lines of coke. yikes. im sticking with the decaf.
    You didn't use the white powder creamer did you? Maybe you drank a couple lines of coke. lol (Your dad isn't a coke dealer is he?)

Doodman222 is offline Junior Member
    I wonder if it's just the lack of carbohydrates to absorb the caffein...similar to alcohol. I mean, before going primal I would have coffee with a bowl of cereal in the morning. Now, I'll just have some eggs and vegetables. I've noticed a decreased tolerance to alcohol too. Without grains in my stomach, I find myself getting surprisingly buzzed off only a drink or two.

lmyers04 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemonized View Post
    You didn't use the white powder creamer did you? Maybe you drank a couple lines of coke. lol (Your dad isn't a coke dealer is he?)
    haha even during the times in my life where I have eaten the least healthiest, I still never understood the appeal of powdered "creamer". disgusting! I might even venture to say that ounce for ounce, colombian yay is probably much healthier. (kidding.....i think)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast