Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More sensitive to caffeine

More sensitive to caffeine

Shop Now
    I have been primal for only a week and a half or so, but I have noticed that I have become much more sensitive to the caffeine in my morning coffee as far as the general jitters. Anyone else??

It's funny you posted this today. I just drank a big cup of coffee with my breakfast this morning, and my head is swimming a little.

Could mean your adrenals are getting a break from the the sugar and cortisol swings, allowing you to re-sensitize to caffeine...

In Pursuit of Healthiness, Only to Achieve Happiness!: www.livingnotsurviving.com

i am sensitive to caffine ever since cutting way back on the stuff years ago. I use coffee in case of emergency only.

oh i can never drink that stuff, it gives me jitters and anxiety. i read a lot about caffeine, some people are actually allergic to it.

I have similar experiences with caffeine but especially with alcohol. I used to be 5 pints before chatty, 7-8 tipsy, 15 drunk, the most I've drank in the last few months was 3 and I was pretty tipsy!

I cut the caffiene so i could have a better idea of what effect my diet was having on my body. for example, I never knew if I was energized from my meals, or from the caffiene, and likewise, sometimes I wasnt sure weather or not I was underfueled or just having a caffiene crash.

i dont miss the caffiene, i drink decaf, which has much smaller amounts.

I sleep better

one less thing to worry about really

after I had been doing decaf for about a month, I accidentally had some regular coffee at my dads house, and I felt like I had just snorted 2 lines of coke. yikes. im sticking with the decaf.

Quote Originally Posted by lmyers04 View Post
    after I had been doing decaf for about a month, I accidentally had some regular coffee at my dads house, and I felt like I had just snorted 2 lines of coke. yikes. im sticking with the decaf.
    You didn't use the white powder creamer did you? Maybe you drank a couple lines of coke. lol (Your dad isn't a coke dealer is he?)

I wonder if it's just the lack of carbohydrates to absorb the caffein...similar to alcohol. I mean, before going primal I would have coffee with a bowl of cereal in the morning. Now, I'll just have some eggs and vegetables. I've noticed a decreased tolerance to alcohol too. Without grains in my stomach, I find myself getting surprisingly buzzed off only a drink or two.

Learn More
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemonized View Post
    You didn't use the white powder creamer did you? Maybe you drank a couple lines of coke. lol (Your dad isn't a coke dealer is he?)
    haha even during the times in my life where I have eaten the least healthiest, I still never understood the appeal of powdered "creamer". disgusting! I might even venture to say that ounce for ounce, colombian yay is probably much healthier. (kidding.....i think)