Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Isagenix? page

aimlow is offline Senior Member

Isagenix?

I am wondering if anyone has any knowledge of or experience with a program called Isagenix. It is supposedly a very high quality nutritional cleansing program that allows your body to rid of toxic build up and replenish with all sorts of good stuff.

You drink shakes some days (containing NZ whey protein, enzymes, 240 vitamins and minerals etc) and on some days take a cleansing tonic that somehow helps all the cells in your body shed the crap and heal.

Is this total BS? Or is there something to it?

Any insight is much appreciated!

Jason VT is offline Senior Member
    What is the nutritional content of this miraculous "cleansing tonic"? What do you do on other days, or is every day either whey or tonic? If that's the case you won't have enough energy to move; take it from someone who used to eat 400g of protein a day while keeping carbs below 50g and fats below 30g.

To be perfectly honest though, if you eat a balanced primal diet and exercise primally; you shouldn't have any toxins in your body at all.

Also, peruse the archives under "humor" for a good write-up on cleansing tonics (for the bowels).

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    Hey there!

Yes, both me, my best friend, and his mom all are into Isagenix and all highly recommend it.

As for the cleanse, it's actually a total system cleanse, not just your standard gut cleanse. You'll get a thorough liver, gallbladder, skin, and even emotional cleansing. Also kills fungus and parasites (which we all have to varying degrees).

My experience: I was having chronic skin rashes (indicating toxicity), and those went away after a couple cycles of the cleanse (which includes a 2-day solid food fast). Dandruff (which is caused by fungus) was gone, and I got a good running start on getting rid of my toenail fungus on my big toe. Acne cleared up, and I was surprised that some really old stuck emotions came bubbling up and were finally released. (Don't be surprised if you get weepy and/or rage-y during your cleanse. Just let it flow out.)

I don't have a bottle of the cleanse in front of me, but I do know the base of it is aloe vera juice. Isagenix is the least chemical-y/most natural of any of these sorts of product lines I've seen.

It's good stuff. I highly recommend it. (And, no, I don't sell it or have any financial stake in the company.)

ElephantInRoom is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aimlow View Post
    I am wondering if anyone has any knowledge of or experience with a program called Isagenix. It is supposedly a very high quality nutritional cleansing program that allows your body to rid of toxic build up and replenish with all sorts of good stuff.

You drink shakes some days (containing NZ whey protein, enzymes, 240 vitamins and minerals etc) and on some days take a cleansing tonic that somehow helps all the cells in your body shed the crap and heal.

Is this total BS? Or is there something to it?

Any insight is much appreciated!
    I have been taking Isagenix for about 1 year now. The general principle is as you have explained. Cleanse. Replenish and Rejuvenate. The basics of Isagenix are explained here. This is a diet lifestyle change that starts with Isagenix and teaches your body what it feels like to have good nutrition. After you start getting the nutrients you need, you can tell the difference between nutritious meals and empty calorie meals.

It totally works. If you are trying to lose weight it works even better. The principle behind this is removing toxins. Your body sees toxins that you take in as the enemy. It then wraps these toxins in fat cells to to protect your body from them. When you flush the toxins...you are flushing the fat as well. The pounds just fall off very easily as you modify your diet to include the cleanse, shakes, and energy formula Ionix.

The nutritional replenishment takes place with the Isagenix Shakes formula primarily. It's packed with protein and an enzyme delivery system that can get the nutrients to your body in a bio-available format. You can learn more about the cleanse and shakes here. I recommend the 30 Day Cleanse Package if you really want to see effective results.

Isagenix also recently released a new product called Product B. This is an anti-aging product full of organic compounds that support telomere growth. To learn about telomeres and how they affect aging you can check out this video from Dr. William H. Andrews.

Good luck to you!

Update from 2010: I still do a couple of these cleanses a year. I'm sure to do another by years end. But the product I'm really in love with is IONIX. I've written about it here several times already. I continue to take it 2x daily. I've tried all sorts of things over many years, and this blows everything away. It's a healing tonic that is chock full of adaptogens. I had my naturopath take a look at the ingredient list, and she said she'd never seen a product with so many adaptogens and was impressed. I give A LOT of credit to IONIX for finally healing up my adrenal fatigue (which Primal alone cannot and does not), plus a lot of other things too. Again, I have zero interest in this company whatsoever. It's just that they have a couple of excellent products in their line that have helped me.
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

tsd
    tsd is offline Member
    My sister sells this stuff. She kept bugging me about it so I did a 9-day cleanse to get her off my back. Snake oil, in my opinion. Yeah, I lost a few pounds, but it was because I was barely eating. I was continually hungry and tired, and anybody who says the shake actually tastes good is deluding themselves. Oh and half the weight came back the day after the cleanse ended.

Don't waste your money, go buy some steaks instead. If you are eating a good clean primal diet, I think your body will be taking care of any toxins on its own.

claude512 is offline Senior Member
    what the bloody hell are adaptogens?!

Paleobird Guest
    Good question. Wiki Definition : An adaptogen is a herbal product claimed to increase resistance to stress, trauma, anxiety and fatigue. The term is used mainly by herbalists who also refer to adaptogens as rejuvenating herbs, qi tonics, rasayanas, or restoratives. There is no strict definition of the adaptogenic characteristics of a plant product, leading to a generalized usage of the term for commercial or non-scientific reasons.

RE: Adaptogens. That's gotta be the briefest wiki entry ever! If you want to delve in further:

What Is An Adaptogen? | LIVESTRONG.COM

ADAPTOGENS

Amazon.com: Adaptogens: Herbs for Strength, Stamina, and Stress Relief (9781594771583): David Winston, Steven Maimes: Books

But, in a nutshell, adaptogens are a class of tonic herbs, berries, and mushrooms. There's not a lot of them, but the one you've probably heard of is ginseng. If you read about adaptogens, you'll see references to some westerner (of course) "discovering" them in the '40s .... but they've actually been in use by both the Chinese and Ayurvedic systems of medicine for millennia.

What made me perk up when I first heard about adaptogens is that they modulate endocrine and immune function, especially. The way it was described to me was: say I'm hypothyroid and you're hyperthyroid. We can both take the same adaptogen and it will work to crank up my thyroid function in my body but will work to crank down your thyroid function in your body. Now, that is one damn cool plant.

Another thing certain adaptogens are good for is improving stamina and recovery times. For this reason, Olympic athletes have been known to take them to give them a competitive advantage (they are not drugs, so it's not in violation of any rules). Both my friend and I also feel we're stronger and can go longer, too.

Usually people only take one or two at a time, maybe three in combination, but the stuff I was talking about above, IONIX, has many adaptogens in it. I'm covering all my bases.
    Last edited by TigerLily; 09-22-2011 at 04:17 PM.
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

And43ersonD is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    People are fed by the food industry, which pays no attention to health, and are treated by the health industry, which pays no attention to food.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast