Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NOTHING to do with primal living...but need some advice/comforting words! page

reamz is offline Senior Member

NOTHING to do with primal living...but need some advice/comforting words!

Primal Fuel
    --
    Last edited by reamz; 11-04-2010 at 06:23 AM.

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member
    My advice: Don't sleep with guys you've only known for six hours.

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member
    He started off badly by lying to you about going back to Germany on Monday.
    I think that would be a tough one for me to get past. I don't think it's ever demeaning to ask for clarity, but by untagging photos of the two of you, he's made it pretty clear that he doesn't want any kind of a follow-up relationship.

Let this one go. All guys are NOT like that.

Also, you can make friends without sleeping with them. Just be clear in your own mind what you're trying to accomplish!

batty is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kuno1chi View Post
    Let this one go. All guys are NOT like that.

Also, you can make friends without sleeping with them. Just be clear in your own mind what you're trying to accomplish!
    this so hard. don't regret - even negative experiences can influence personal growth. just learn from it and move forward. i know you are probably feeling awkward as hell, but this will fade in time.

HANDS OFF MY BACON :: my primal journal

dacec is offline Senior Member
    Let it go, lesson learned.....onward and upward!

MeatMe216 is offline Senior Member
    all guys are NOT like that. Now you know who to avoid.

Daemonized is online now Senior Member
    Yeah, that's not what all guys are like. This guy either is just into one nighters or already has a gf somewhere. In any case I'd say forget this guy and find one that genuinely gets you.

paleo_rob is offline Senior Member
    To steal some Tibetan philosophy, you cant change the past or the present, but you can change the future. Just remember, one day in the future you will think back to this moment and laugh your ass off about it.

Arikara6 is offline Senior Member
    My wife's grandmother had a bit of advice: "when you meet the one for you, he won't be the one who makes you cry."

We all do stupid stuff as we move through life. I can't think of a single person who can't say "man...what was I THINKING?!" about something or another.

It's part of what makes us who we are! So you went out, had a one-night-stand, and then the person treated you like crap the day after - it's happened to me (sometimes women can be pretty crappy too FWIW), before she met me it happened to my wife, it happens to everyone who puts themselves in that position. Lay your heart on the line, and sometimes it gets stomped on. Doesn't mean you shouldn't take risks with it (that's how I MET my wife - in a bar, in Boston, while I was on leave, in what might have been a one-night-stand otherwise). Just means that we all get bumps and bruises along the way until we meet the person who's meant for us.

It makes us appreciate them that much more once we find them.

Concur with PaleoRob - someday you'll look back at this and laugh.

twinmama is offline Senior Member
    I ALWAYS un-tag photos of me on facebook. Facebook is viral. And AMAZINGLY, people don't use the privacy buttons on their account. I have rec'd pictures from friends', friends', friends that I'm NOT friends with. However, someone 7 degrees away tagged one of my friends, and now I'm subjected to more often than not some really tasteless photos. I've seen photos of people that I think should have been reserved for private viewing only! I'm never sure if the photos were meant to be broadcast by factors of 100 in under 2 minutes. Imagine walking into your bosses office, and he's got a photo of the formerly perceived professional you.

People need to be more aware of their facebook presence. What you put out there, Is out there for EVERYONE! Future colleges, Future bosses, people that judge you and decide on whether or not you get jobs. And facebook IS being used this way. Unfair but true. The guy could lose his trust fund if Grammy feels he behaves like a child... You know?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast