Thread: Can you help me to understand my depression? page

andreaguidotti is offline Junior Member

Can you help me to understand my depression?

Primal Fuel
    Hi. I would like to tell you briefly my history. I begin to suffer of panic attacks and derealization three years ago. I suffer only on summer consecutivelly for 15 days and then the syntomps disappear in a second. My girlfriend decide to leave me this summer because she was frightened about this things and i remain very disappointed because i didn't understand her behaviour and the fact that she has leaved me for this reason. She is escaped because she thought that my panic attacks and derealization will be forever. Could it be a relationship between food and derealisation? Because when she leaved me on july, after a great period of depression because she leaves me i begin to eat in a paleo style, without diary, gluten, sugar foods and my strenght was great. I don't verified is there is a relationship with food because i should continue the paleo until summer to verify if there is a relationship, because this panic attacks and derealisation arrived only on summer. I've analyzied the situation with my psychologist and i'm trying to find a reason related to my problems but i'm a normal guy and when i speak with him i say to him that this panic attacks arrived with any reason, so i start to think about gluten sensibility. On 2 of January i've done blood test and say to my doc to verify if i've a celiac disease. I'm waiting for the results on 18 of January.

Sorry for my english.

I write from Italy - Florence

Thank you very much if you can answer to me.

Lewis is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by andreaguidotti View Post
    Hi. I would like to tell you briefly my history. I begin to suffer of panic attacks and derealization three years ago. I suffer only on summer consecutivelly for 15 days and then the syntomps disappear in a second. My girlfriend decide to leave me this summer because she was frightened about this things and i remain very disappointed because i didn't understand her behaviour and the fact that she has leaved me for this reason. She is escaped because she thought that my panic attacks and derealization will be forever. Could it be a relationship between food and derealisation?
    It seems to me it's fair to say that it it could be. It may not be, but I'd not be surprised at that kind of reaction in response to food.

Because when she leaved me on july, after a great period of depression because she leaves me i begin to eat in a paleo style, without diary, gluten, sugar foods and my strenght was great. I don't verified is there is a relationship with food because i should continue the paleo until summer to verify if there is a relationship, because this panic attacks and derealisation arrived only on summer.
    Gluten certainly seems to be the culprit in an astonishingly large range of conditions. I'd recommend listening to this talk to get some idea of how that can happen:

Gluten Talk | Underground Wellness

It's probably a more immediate problem for current generations, because wheat has been overbred over the last fifty years or so, and in addition modern processing (and even milling) procedures seem to have worsened its digestibility. Besides, modern people's guts are more prone to insult from difficult foods, because antibiotics and over-cleanliness interfere with the healthy bacteria in their gut.

There's a recent, and very interesting suggestion — I think it may be made on the podcast I just linked — that diets like the SCD, GAPS and Paleo, which are all grain-free, may work partly because many grains get cross-contaminated with wheat. So you go in a shop and buy oats or buckwheat or something; but, because there was some self-sown wheat in the field, or because it's been harvested or processed by the same machinery as was used for wheat, or even because it's been driven around in vehicles previously used for wheat there's wheat-gluten present. This can, apparently, be true even for foods on the "Gluten-Free" shelves. It possibly only has to be few parts per million.

I'd stick with full Paleo.

I've analyzied the situation with my psychologist and i'm trying to find a reason related to my problems but i'm a normal guy and when i speak with him i say to him that this panic attacks arrived with any reason, so i start to think about gluten sensibility. On 2 of January i've done blood test and say to my doc to verify if i've a celiac disease. I'm waiting for the results on 18 of January.
    You may have to be a little wary of that result inasmuch as the tests aren't always very sensitive and not necessarily comprehensive enough. More about that on the podcast.

I'm not saying I know what you had the symptoms you did — just that if there's a possibility there I'd stick with Paleo even if the test does come back negative.
    Last edited by Lewis; 01-12-2014 at 09:21 AM.

andreaguidotti is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thankyou for your answer. The only proof is to continue strictly Paleo and see what happens on summer. Can you give me advices about losing weight ? Should i concentrate on meat, fish, veggies and nuts and cut off fruits?

Sent from my LG-E610 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    Last edited by andreaguidotti; 01-14-2014 at 02:18 AM.