Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pessimist v2.0 page

Pessimist is offline Senior Member

Pessimist v2.0

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    aight,

So I started the 30 day challenge 21 days ago. No grains, no sugars, no ETOH, nothing processed. Daily exercise, tried my best for lots of good sleep...you know, all the PB goodness.

However, last week I got sick. REAL SICK. My throat was all INFECTED WITH THE STREP. Needless to say, it hurt. It was a smidge owie. In my time of painful crisis, I ingested quite a few berries. They just felt so wonderful sliding down my throat in all of their delicious glory. A fair amount of yoghurt was eaten as well. AAAAnd my exercise suffered. As in I didn't move for a week. Day after day waiting to feel better, but getting nauseous from the evil penicillin (my tongue has also gone a bit, fuzzy, shall we say as a result of the meds). So ya, a week of illness has ruined me. All of those berries has made me completely and utterly fail the challenge. Which is a bit upsetting because I have done quite well otherwise.

So here I am. Restarting the challenge. I am not fully recovered from my illness, but I certainly don't need the berries to feel better.

Today is Day 1, again...
    The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being proven right or pleasantly surprised.

SRMnM is offline Member
    Welcome back

Quote Originally Posted by SRMnM View Post
    Welcome back
    Thank you very much!
    The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being proven right or pleasantly surprised.

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like you have thrush (the fuzzy tongue thing from the abx). it's worth considering this an immune problem rather than an abx problem.....how's your vitamin D intake? zinc?

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

fable is offline Senior Member
    Go Pessimist! I also started over - although in my challenge berries are certainly not considered a failure But we all have different goals and ways to get there, so I'm cheering you on! Just keep un-sick, and I'm sure you'll be doing great.

Quote Originally Posted by cillakat View Post
    Sounds like you have thrush (the fuzzy tongue thing from the abx). it's worth considering this an immune problem rather than an abx problem.....how's your vitamin D intake? zinc?
    I take vitamin D, but no zinc supplement. Perhaps I should look into one and see if that helps me. Thanks for the suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by fable View Post
    Go Pessimist! I also started over - although in my challenge berries are certainly not considered a failure But we all have different goals and ways to get there, so I'm cheering you on! Just keep un-sick, and I'm sure you'll be doing great.
    Doing my best to keep un-sick! Roger that! And while I do support berry eating, I just think my carbs got a bit too high for those few days. But MAN were they ever delicious!

Fable, this time we are going to do it right. I can feeeeeel it!!!!!

Day 2

Had my wonderful omlette of deliciousness:
    3 eggs
    3 pieces of bacon
    1/2 tomato
    whole lotta spinach

I am trying to psych myself up for wing chun. Having not exercised at all in the last 8 days I have gotten into a bit of a funk. I am still not 100% over my illness either so I just don't have all of my energy back. The classes are 2 hours though so it's valid, right? Ya it is! I went for an hour walk yesterday and the day before. You know, just to do SOMETHING! Get back in the swing and all that jazz. We shall see how it goes.

Ohh yesterday I bought some nut butter. I don't know why I do that to myself. Soooo delicious; I have a hard time stopping. After this jar is gone, NO MORE. At least until my 30 day challenge is up. The stuff is like crack, I swear. Creamy, nut buttery crack.

Day 3

MAAAAN
    This illness is just kicking my ass. I don't want to whine (ok maybe I do) too much about it but it should be going away by now. Not getting worse. I really miss exercising and I can't stand a sore throat. Worst symptom EVAR.

I did take my vibrams out for a stroll last night though. Only about an hour and a half walk. Would you believe my legs are sore??? Egads. I am feeling it in my hips/thighs and a bit in my quads. Got some shaky legs going on. It's mild but it's still exasperating. I don't think I "fell out of shape" from going 1 1/2 weeks without much exercise, I think it has more to do with my body still being ill. I will just keep taking the penicillin and hope for the best I suppose. *grumble grumble*

Ok, the eats yesterday were my omlette as previously posted about aaaaand far too many nuts >.<
    Dinner was a piece of rainbow trout and half spaghetti squash with buttery goodness.

OHHH I almost forgot! I bought coconut oil yesterday. I have never had it before. It is quite...oily! I think it is the start of a beautiful relationship.

fable is offline Senior Member
    Oh noo.. Feel so sorry for you. Guess your body just needs a good, long rest. Don't worry too much about the exercise until you get better. You will catch up again in no time, but if you stress too much you'll probably just stay sick longer :/

Welcome to the wonderful world of coconut oil! I use it for everything. I'll fry stuff in it, melt it and add it to omelets and coconut pancake batter, I'll use it for baking things in the oven, I'll rub it on meat and chicken, sometimes I eat it out of the jar and I smear it all over my body (possibly mixed with sugar for some scrubbing) before jumping in the shower for some silky soft skin in my "Sunday spa" routine Let me know if you find more good uses for it, hehe..

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast