Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mike K's Journey page

Mike k is offline Junior Member

Mike K's Journey

Primal Fuel
    Hi Im Mike
    Ive been quietly reading everything I can here and applying it to me life.
    My story:
    I was introduced to the primal life style in August of 2013 after discovering I was allergic to grains. I was talking to a friend about my grain issue who recommended Primal Blue Print.
    I bought several books and my household decided to go grain free with me and start Primal on Labor day weekend.

As of Today I have lost 53lbs and going strong.

As of today I have recruited 12 people to PB they are all asking what im doing to lose weight and gain muscle.
    I have 15lbs to reach my weight goal by march 1st I think i will hit that.

I got into my over weight situation after 3 major injuries and giving up on trying to remain fit.
    I was in great shape and finished my Military career and a few years later I broke my back in 3 places and my neck then a couple years later I broke each leg and couldn't get around to get in shape and gave up and decided i would be like that the rest of my life.
    I kept having these weird allergies cropping up and have been on allergy pills and shots for many years I was allergic to everything.
    When I discovered I was allergic to grains and eliminated them from my diet amazing things started to happen.
    I am completely free of my allergy symptoms haven't taken allergy meds since going primal.

Funny thing happened on Friday. I have been telling my wife I think my eyes are getting better. I have been wearing reading glasses for a couple of years and lately have found i don't need them. When I explained to my wife why i no longer wear them she gave that funny look out of the corner of her eye..

The next day I was informed I had an eye appointment which was last Friday. LOL

So.... we got to my eye doc and after the greeting and hand shake he asks how Iím doing? I say Much betterÖ so good in fact, I donít need my glasses anymore. The look on his face was priceless he has this little grin and says ďwell.. I'll let you know for sure"" " and donít be surprised to find out it actually has got worse and that your glasses compound this and make you think you are doing better" My heart sank as i could understand how this would work.

The Doc does his tests and make a few huum noises and Iím thinking great new glasses...

He then says " Well Mike I am very surprised in fact I never seen this before, but your eye have indeed gotten better from a 1.50 to less than .75 too weak of a prescription to have made. And your eye pressure went from 17 to less than 10.

I also suffered from a chronic eye gland deficiency that secretes oils for your eyes. Mine wouldnít and I had drops to take. I have forgotten about the drops and at that moment when he spoke about it working perfectly fine it dawned on meÖ I havenít used my drops in a couple of months instead of several times a day...LOL

He asked what has changed in my life? I say Primal Blueprint.. he has this look of WTH???? On his face.

So I lead him to PBP and Marks forum .

He told me he was very interested and would look up all the info I provided.

I have to date recruited 12 people to the PBP life.

Oh and my wife. She has had MS for 5 years .. She is losing weight at a slower pace than I am. She has dropped 30 lbs and my daughter the same.

Her MS doesnít seem to hold her down in the afternoon as much anymore and she is walking everyday and doesn't look wiped out after. Her legs last much longer before going weak.

∑ I have no more allergies

∑ No indigestion/ heart burn

∑ my digestive system is now working like it should not on again off again.

∑ The ringing in my ears has gone away

∑ No headaches due to sinus infection.

∑ My blood pressure went from 140/ 95 to 125/75

∑ My eyes corrected

∑ My itchy skin went away

∑ Feeling bloated after eating has gone away.

I went from Couch Potato of years and hating life to Current Workout:

Running 2 miles a day on Tues-Thursday- Friday and Saturday's

Long walk's on Sunday Min 4 miles

Mondays & Wednesdays (Weight days)
    2 mile walk optional on how I feel.

60 push ups- 10 reps 6 sets
    60 lat pulls-10 reps 6 sets ( Bowflex)
    60 chest flys-10 reps 6 sets ( Bowflex)
    60 Tricep pulls-10 reps 6 sets ( Bowflex)
    90 sec plank elbow-toes
    90 sec plank right side elbow and toes
    90 sec plank left side elbow and toes.

Thats Me as of today.

Mark I can't thank you enough, you saved my life or at least made it much longer, thank you Sir for the Life style change.

jwm2k3 is offline Junior Member
    Congrats Mike!
    41 yrs, 5'11", start weight 182, current 159 and feel amazing!

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Awesome job Mike!

MarielleGO is offline Senior Member
    That's brilliant!!! Good work!
    My story, My thought....

It's all about trying to stay healthy!!!!

Calories? Aren't that those little creatures that live in my closet and shrink my clothes at night?
    AN EARTH WARRIOR!!!!

Thank you for the welcome and kind words.

Been battling a plateau for almost 3 weeks, finally dropped 4lbs more but my size is shrinking faster than the scale..lol
    I'm in my second wardrobe this is getting expensive.
    I started in a XXL shirt I now wear a large Shirt. Ive lost 4 inches on my waist as of today.
    Last edited by Mike k; 02-05-2014 at 03:31 PM.

AnnieG1967 is offline Junior Member
    Absolutely amazing!! You are an inspiration x

gollysmum is offline Member
    Awesome to hear Mike for you and family. Well done!

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

WaylandC is online now Senior Member
    Mike, if you haven't yet, share this with your wife sometime: The Wahls Way | MS Information | Video Resources

Thank you Waylandc I will.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast