Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Butter page

mikebike is offline Senior Member

Butter

Shop Now
    I see not much listed doing a search for butter on MDA. What's the current thought on good quality butter?

MeatMe216 is offline Senior Member
    it's currently delicious and nutritious

trigirl85 is offline Senior Member
    I find clarifying it (ghee) the easiest to digest, pure fat, and delicious.
    Edible, adj.: Good to eat, and wholesome to digest, as a worm to a toad, a toad to a snake, a snake to a pig, a pig to a man, and a man to a worm. ~Ambrose Bierce

(R)evolutionary Cuisine

My Journal

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    "There is no such thing as too much butter"

-Mark Sisson

On its face butter is seemingly really good. It's basically long-chain saturated fat and monounsaturated animal fat without the PUFAs, its composition is nearly perfect. the pastured (preferably raw) stuff has lots of good fat-soluble vitamins and it's relatively inexpensive. My only trepidation is that even butter can evoke dairy allergies and auto-inflammation in some people. But then again my experience of it doesn't include raw butter so I'm not the best source of information for that. Then again neither are most people with access to raw butter, they suffer from their own prejudices as well. Can't blame them, it's yummy.
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

tangentrider is offline Senior Member
    Kerrygold...yum!
    Started PB late 2008, lost 50 lbs by late 2009. Have been plateaued, but that thing may just be biting the dust: more on that later.

Mainer is offline Senior Member
    Raw grass fed butter must be in my diet protocol!
    You'll never see the light if you're in someone else's shadow, or said another way, life is like a dog sled team, if you're not the lead dog, the scenery never changes

Suse is offline Senior Member
    when I think of butter I think of a nice warm toasted crunchy ciabatta loaf. Ok I know thats bad... but those 2 items just go so well together. I miss it.

Saosin80 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tangentrider View Post
    Kerrygold...yum!
    I second the Kerrygold butter...I'm always running out! :P

Gregory Grok is offline Member
    I've tried Kerrygold as well as another brand called Plugra. They both taste wonderful. Once you make the switch to real butter, it's amazing how quickly you notice the difference. The two butters that I mentioned are so creamy. I sometimes think that I can eat a spoonful and not feel ill like I would if i tried to eat a scoop of land o' lakes or blue bonnet. I think it has something to do with the ingredients.
    I'm was amazed when I read the ingredient list on the packaging. It simply said: Pasteurized cream, salt. It doesn't get much better than that.

tangentrider is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregory Grok View Post
    I've tried Kerrygold as well as another brand called Plugra. They both taste wonderful. Once you make the switch to real butter, it's amazing how quickly you notice the difference. The two butters that I mentioned are so creamy. I sometimes think that I can eat a spoonful and not feel ill like I would if i tried to eat a scoop of land o' lakes or blue bonnet. I think it has something to do with the ingredients.
    I'm was amazed when I read the ingredient list on the packaging. It simply said: Pasteurized cream, salt. It doesn't get much better than that.
    Agreed! In fact, I think one day I shall use the unsalted as a dessert topping.
    Started PB late 2008, lost 50 lbs by late 2009. Have been plateaued, but that thing may just be biting the dust: more on that later.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast