Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do You Enjoy Smoothies? page

Primal Toad is offline Senior Member

Do You Enjoy Smoothies?

Primal Fuel
    I am not talking pure fruit smoothies. I am talking about what would be savory primal smoothies. Ones that are high fat and/or high protein and low-carb.

How often do you eat smoothies and would you enjoy primal smoothie recipes?
    Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    I do whey, a little coconut milk, berries and water.

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Those are dangerous territory for me. I stay away.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Bowa41 is offline Junior Member
    I came up with a pretty tasty veggie based smoothie the other day.

It was a couple handfuls of mixed lettuce, half a small banana, about a 1/4 cup shredded coconut, 1 egg, a TBL of hazelnut oil or coconut oil, cocoa powder, and coconut milk/almond milk to the desired consistency.

Sometimes I'll throw in a carrot, some whey, or a couple drops of peppermint extract.

It's not quite perfect yet but it's getting close.

rozska is offline Senior Member
    As the weather warms, I like having a cool smoothie for breakfast sometimes. Had one this morning, consisting of:

1 c Greek yogurt (full fat)
    1/2 cucumber
    Hand full of walnuts
    Frozen mixed berries

Then top it with a sprinkling of dried coconut. I didn't feel the need for more protein, but I have homemade beef jerky that I could have snacked on if I'd decided I was still hungry. This did it for me, though. You can also add a teaspoon of unsweetened cocoa, for a chocolate smoothie.

The important thing for me is to include some kind of veggie in the smoothie. Cucumbers and celery chop up really well in my blender. Carrots don't work as well for me. I want to try zucchini at some point -- I figure that would blend well.

OnTheBayou is offline Senior Member
    Sarasota, Florida, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
    Grok did not own a blender.

Use your teeth as the goddess intended. Pre-macerating only speeds up digestion which results in faster, wider swings in insulin response.

Eat you foods, don't drink them.

dacec is offline Senior Member
    While I agree that it is preferable to chew your food, now and then a smoothie is great. I drink them about 3-4 times a week. For me it is a good way to get stuff in me that I can't eat alone...kale, blueberries, kefir, spinach (although I do like that alone) and coconut milk.

hazyjane is offline Senior Member
    I like a smoothie once or twice a week. I keep them green with minimal fruit and lots of fat.

I do about a cup of something leafy and green (often parsley and/or spinach), a half a peeled cuke (I swear it's not disgusting!) maybe 1/2 cup of berries, some fermented goat's milk protein pwd, about 4 oz. of cream or coconut milk, 4 oz. of water and a big scoop of chia. I add a pinch of sea salt and stevia to flavor it and maybe a squeeze of lime and some mint in the summer (super yum!).

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Those are dangerous territory for me. I stay away.
    How come? You don't have to add a bunch of fruit.

Quote Originally Posted by rozska View Post
    As the weather warms, I like having a cool smoothie for breakfast sometimes. Had one this morning, consisting of:

1 c Greek yogurt (full fat)
    1/2 cucumber
    Hand full of walnuts
    Frozen mixed berries

Then top it with a sprinkling of dried coconut. I didn't feel the need for more protein, but I have homemade beef jerky that I could have snacked on if I'd decided I was still hungry. This did it for me, though. You can also add a teaspoon of unsweetened cocoa, for a chocolate smoothie.

The important thing for me is to include some kind of veggie in the smoothie. Cucumbers and celery chop up really well in my blender. Carrots don't work as well for me. I want to try zucchini at some point -- I figure that would blend well.
    That sounds very tasty! I never thought of trying zucchini to my smoothies - I will have to give it a shot now.

Quote Originally Posted by dacec View Post
    While I agree that it is preferable to chew your food, now and then a smoothie is great. I drink them about 3-4 times a week. For me it is a good way to get stuff in me that I can't eat alone...kale, blueberries, kefir, spinach (although I do like that alone) and coconut milk.
    Exactly and Grok did not have a computer either...

Quote Originally Posted by hazyjane View Post
    I like a smoothie once or twice a week. I keep them green with minimal fruit and lots of fat.

I do about a cup of something leafy and green (often parsley and/or spinach), a half a peeled cuke (I swear it's not disgusting!) maybe 1/2 cup of berries, some fermented goat's milk protein pwd, about 4 oz. of cream or coconut milk, 4 oz. of water and a big scoop of chia. I add a pinch of sea salt and stevia to flavor it and maybe a squeeze of lime and some mint in the summer (super yum!).
    I usually add greens too and limit the fruit and also add a lot of fat - usually avocado or some form of coconut.

Quote Originally Posted by OnTheBayou View Post
    Grok did not own a blender.

Use your teeth as the goddess intended. Pre-macerating only speeds up digestion which results in faster, wider swings in insulin response.

Eat you foods, don't drink them.
    Did grok have a computer? No. Are you using one? Yes.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast