Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: All of my paleo pancakes taste like crap. page

primalgirl88 is offline Junior Member

All of my paleo pancakes taste like crap.

Primal Fuel
    I know a lot of you don't "bake" and just eat the whole foods, etc. But for those of you who do paleo baking with almond flour and coconut flour and all that, what recipe do you use for pancakes? I have tried a bunch of different ones and they all taste dry and odd and just not even worth it. I know they won't taste exactly the same I'm just looking for a recipe that you have found that you liked. I have tried one with coconut flour and one with just eggs and bananas. Thank you in advanced!

Grizz is offline Banned
    You will like these pancakes
    Pamela's Products Baking & Pancake Mix, 3.5-Ounce Pouch (Pack of 12): Amazon.com: Grocery & Gourmet Food

Each packet makes 4 pancakes. 12 packets per box. No wheat & gluten free. DELICIOUS!

Grizz

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Sorry, I had the same result as you. We never managed to get good non-wheat baking going in our house.

(we do still have egg and banana muffins though, as a vestigial pancake breakfast)
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Giblets is offline Member
    This one has gelatin in it, so I tried it. I thought it turned out pretty well, and I'll use it again when I have an urge for pancakes. I did have to add more coconut flour than the recipe called for, to make the batter feel like the right consistency.

Coconut Flour Pancakes... with Gelatin! - Empowered Sustenance

Edited to add this: The pictures on the site show some orange stuff on top of the pancakes, which looks like grated orange zest (it doesn't say what it is). Anyway, I grated some orange zest on top of my pancakes and wow what a nifty kick. Definitely worth doing.
    Last edited by Giblets; 01-07-2014 at 05:28 PM.
    I have great faith in fools; self-confidence, my friends call it.
    Edgar Allan Poe

My diet? Very low carb to initially lose weight, then moderate carbs (the past 12 years) for effortless weight maintenance. For me, the "carb curve" works like a charm. Once a week or so, I eat only one meal during the day (at late evening), as sort of a mini-fast.

lotusberries is offline Senior Member

lemontwisst is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lotusberries View Post
    Awesome - I was just going to suggest plantains...I'm a touch obsessed with them the last few weeks

lotusberries is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lemontwisst View Post
    Awesome - I was just going to suggest plantains...I'm a touch obsessed with them the last few weeks
    I am too. I've hated pretty much every recipe using replacement flours, and loved every recipe that uses plantains.

AuroraB is offline Senior Member
    This is the place, Gluten-Free Recipes, where I found a wonderful and very easy flour mix to make myself.

I haven't used it for the pancakes but I've made the cream scones for my daughter and they were VERY tender and tasty.
    Some people just need a sympathetic pat... On the head... With a hammer.

Urban Forager is offline Senior Member
    I haven't liked any of the paleo pancakes I've tried, but I have been happy with the GF crepes I've made. I substitute half tapioca and half rice flour and they come out fine.
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    Mash eggs and bananas 1 to 1, fry in pan. Adjust ratio to change consistency.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast