Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: All of my paleo pancakes taste like crap. page 3

garod82 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    Mash eggs and bananas 1 to 1, fry in pan. Adjust ratio to change consistency.
    This is by far the best way. Soooo much better then any other paleo pancake.

FeenStar is offline Junior Member
    I used this recipe the other day and they turned out really nicely. Shredded some apple into the batter instead of using honey. These taste the most like traditional pancakes of all the recipes I have found.

Silver Dollar Pancakes | Gluten Free Pancake Recipe - Elana's Pantry

freak is offline Junior Member
    QUOTE=primalgirl88;1395954]I know a lot of you don't "bake" and just eat the whole foods, etc. But for those of you who do paleo baking with almond flour and coconut flour and all that, what recipe do you use for pancakes? I have tried a bunch of different ones and they all taste dry and odd and just not even worth it. I know they won't taste exactly the same I'm just looking for a recipe that you have found that you liked. I have tried one with coconut flour and one with just eggs and bananas. Thank you in advanced! [/QUOTE]

I came up with a recipe that started from Rivvin's microwave "bread" from this post:

www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread23434.html

My pancake recipe:

1/3 cup vanilla protein powder (adjust for desired batter consistency)
    2 T fat (coconut oil or butter)
    1 egg
    1tsp baking powder
    1T maple syrup

Mix and cook like regular pancakes.

primalgirl88 is offline Junior Member
    Thank you all for all the great ideas!! I will have to retry the banana/egg combination. If that doesn't work maybe I will just give up and do sausage and eggs instead. :P

PrimalJes is offline Senior Member
    I do one ripe banana, one egg, and one tablespoon of almond butter (not salted) per person. I fry them in coconut oil on low heat. I've added cinnamon, blueberries, butter, and a drizzle of real maple syrup (not all of these things at once, but you could). My whole family LOVES them! We had them for breakfast this morning
    I'm a 5'-6" tall female.

SW: 212.4 lbs. February 14, 2013 (My second baby was born)
    CW:166.4 lbs.
    GW: 143 lbs.

Just keep going.

New goal:

Get back to 80-90% Primal and back down to my lowest recent weight of 158 lbs. while doing as much moving and strength training as I can get in.

Markbt is offline Senior Member
    Mix a can of pumpkin, a few eggs, vanilla, and pumpkin pie spices. Cook in a mix of grass fed butter and coconut oil, top with butter and maple syrup.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Heyo Jay is offline Senior Member
    Pancakes aren't ever the same when you make them paleo... Agree?
    My interesting paleo weight loss blog

Bane is offline Senior Member
    The Paleo Spirit pancakes mentioned above are the closest I've ever had to "normal", though I actually prefer them. To be perfectly honest, if I ever completely quit with this Primal way of eating I would still eat these pancakes. They're so much better than plain old flour ones. Try them out.

GiGiEats is offline Senior Member
    I actually made these awesome cookies that could probably be made into pancakes as well: Gluten-Free: Not You Too Santa! - GiGi Eats Celebrities

In fact, I really want to make them into pancakes because they are so good! Over the holidays I made them 3 days in a row! Even the pickiest, most unhealthy eater in the house LOVED THEM and requested them the following day!!

TanyaV is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by GiGiEats View Post
    I actually made these awesome cookies that could probably be made into pancakes as well: Gluten-Free: Not You Too Santa! - GiGi Eats Celebrities

In fact, I really want to make them into pancakes because they are so good! Over the holidays I made them 3 days in a row! Even the pickiest, most unhealthy eater in the house LOVED THEM and requested them the following day!!
    I bet with a little experimenting that would work out nicely I would sub chia seeds for the flax though. Too many phytoestrogens in flax.
    www.feedtheclan.com

Check out my blog to see how a family of four eats real, whole foods on $85/week

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast