Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ground Beef Recipes? page

Katie82 is offline Senior Member

Ground Beef Recipes?

Primal Fuel
    Since going primal ground beef seems to be the thing we eat the most of since it's cheap for grass-fed and easy to prepare for the family. But, I am SO bored with my recipes. I basically keep rotating chili, taco meat (taco salad for me, tacos for everyone else), and meat sauce with zucchini pasta. I have no idea what else to use it for. I used to do dirty rice or rice and beef stuffed peppers or beefy mac and cheese....well, you know. I'm having trouble coming up with other uses for it that are primal and that I can stretch 1 lb to feed the 4 of us.
    Any recipes would be much appreciated! TIA.

SheGlowsPale is offline Senior Member
    my favorite ground beef recipe is: ground beef, olive oil, a small amount of heavy cream, onions, 2 eggs and a boatload of seasoning - cinnamon is the most used (I know, some people think cinnamon in meat is weird, but im addicted to cinnamon, I put it on everything..and every single person who has tried this that i've cooked it for has loved it..cinnamon and all!), garlic, cumin, and cayenne pepper...sometimes I add parmesan cheese..depends on my mood. brown the beef first in cinnamon and oil...then add the onions..let cook for a few minutes, then add the heavy cream let it simmer...then add the eggs...I season as I go..adding this and that as I feel needed. (you could probably sub the heavy cream for coconut milk if you don't do dairy...I may just try that next time as well)
    The pain of discipline or the pain of regret? You choose.

Oh look - I made a Journal.

Meadow is offline Senior Member
    Lettuce wrap burgers (add bacon and homemade mayo, YUM)
    Meatza
    Meatloaf (use Parmesan or almond flour as a binder...check out cajun meatloaf recipe for a kick...just adjust ingredients to make it primal)
    Bunless patty melts (burgers, sauteed onions, homemade gravy or melted cheese)

batty is offline Senior Member
    primal double downs!

HANDS OFF MY BACON :: my primal journal

K.ROB is offline Senior Member
    Oh i am loving that burger.

I eat a ton of burgers too. Just use knife and fork.

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    Meatza, curry (believe it or not, it actually works in a quick curry), and zucchini lasagna. I've heard rumors of people making a primal skillet meal with ground beast, zucchetti, veggies, cheese, stock, butter, and spices, but I've never actually tried it.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Annika is offline Senior Member
    Thai coconut curry with ground beef is awesome and is now in frequent rotation at my house. My recipe
    My blog: Pretty Good Paleo
    On Twitter: @NEKLocalvore

mdlaw is offline Senior Member
    I am making some kind of curry right now myself. Ground beef, chopped green pepper and onion, green beans, carrots. Cooked in coconut milk, coconut oil and chicken stock with whatever vaguely appropriate spices I had on hand... cumin, coriander, ginger, red pepper flakes and curry powder. Hopefully it works out.

MeatMe216 is offline Senior Member
    sheppards pie
    ground beef topped with mashed cauliflower and cheese in a casserole dish

Katie82 is offline Senior Member
    All the ideas are great, thank you!

SheGlowsPale, I'm definitely going to make your recipe some night when my husband isn't home. I'm sure my girls and I would love it but he hates eggs. It sounds so good though, I love cinnamon.

The curry sounds good too. I love any recipe that I can add whatever i have on hand to.

Now, I just have to figure out how to serve one of Batty's primal double downs to two year olds! I'm sure they would find a way to attack it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast