Thread: Newbie from Saint Louis Missouri page

AliGoPrimal is offline Junior Member

Smile Newbie from Saint Louis Missouri

Shop Now
    Hello Everyone, this is Ali from Saint Louis, Missouri! I have been reading lots of posts on this forum and found that this is a great community, so here I am!

A little bit of my weight/fat loss background:

1. I came to the US to study two years ago. Diet changed so much and my weight went up from 140lb to 170lb, with a height of 5'7''...Actually I had a one-year dark time in hell crawling out of eating disorder. I had no friends, and my family was so far away. People around me did not even know what was eating disorder and I could not show my weakness - extremely competitive environment in business school. Yet, I overcame it. And I don't want to write about this, since past is past and I don't want to recall and reopen my scars.

2. Using traditional way of weight loss like exercising crazy and counting calories, I managed to a weight of 160lb in two months. However, my willpower was really not strong enough to fight with all the crazy cravings and consistent feeling of hunger. I was so moody and frustrated. Then my weight went up to 163lb. I even bought in-home spinning machine, rower, all sorts of DVDs, including insanity and turbo fire, to even beat myself harder. It did not work at all. I was struggling so much, under the pressure of heavy study, internship/job hunting, and maintaining health - not going back to eating disorder.

3. From then on, I started to educate myself and save myself by lots of research. Then I found paleo, primal, fasting...Long journey. After three weeks of going primal and being in ketosis, I am down to 150lb, cloth size from 14(170lb) to 8(150lb). Now, I am feeling so much better!

a. I am so full everyday and even struggle to eat 1200 calories...
    b. More alert and energetic!
    c. Finally feel like I find the right way to lose weight/fat...after so many years of suffering!
    d. I feel so grateful and blessed now because I have the health and energy to work hard and achieve my life, career, and have fun!
    Last edited by AliGoPrimal; 01-06-2014 at 01:45 PM.

JohnL is offline Member
    Hi Ali and welcome. Wash U?

Hi John, thanks! Yup, Wash U. You are in Nashville, so Vanderbilt?

JohnL is offline Member
    I grew up in STL and went to Olin briefly. More accurately, I went occasionally which led to the brevity.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk

Seriously? I thought I would not find anyone on the forum from STL! Good to see you here. Huge huge snow and wind in STL these two days, and I am enjoying my grass-fed beef at home. Yum!

JohnL is offline Member
    No snow, 6 degrees, and I just came inside from chipping through ice so my grassfed-beef-to-be can get some water.

It is a pastured pork night (not of my own husbandry)

Enjoy and stay warm! I have thought about this kind of cultural experience in the US. So fun!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnL View Post
    No snow, 6 degrees, and I just came inside from chipping through ice so my grassfed-beef-to-be can get some water.

It is a pastured pork night (not of my own husbandry)