Thread: Dairy-free, gluten-free Cream Soup? page

nuttykitchen is offline Senior Member

Smile Dairy-free, gluten-free Cream Soup?

Shop Now
    This soup is completely dairy free, gluten-free and a very healthy quickly prepared alternative to canned soups or store-bought “healthy” soups, that are loaded with sodium and processed. Make this in advance for lunches, dinners or for your favorite friends. This soup is prepared well under 20 minutes and will keep in the fridge for up to a week.

Try to make some this week and let us know what you think, we would love to hear your comments on our Coconut-Curry Asparagus Soup! (this recipe feeds 4)

Ingredients
    1 medium Yellow onion sliced
    3 small Cloves of Garlic chopped
    1 medium Serrano chiles chopped & seeds removed
    1 pinch Sea salt to taste
    1 teaspoon Crushed Coriander Seeds
    2 cups Water
    1 tablespoon Curry powder (mild)
    12 ounces Asparagus chopped
    3 tablespoons Coconut oil

Instructions
    In a soup pot add coconut oil, onion, garlic, chiles, crushed coriander and heat on high until golden and glossy. Then add curry powder and asparagus and stir for about 5 minutes on medium. Add water and bring to a boil – boil for 7 minutes on high, reduce heat to low – medium and add 2 cans of your favorite Organic Coconut Milk. Stir all ingredients and turn off heat.
    With a handheld blender, slowly blend all ingredients until soup is completely creamy and lump free. If you prefer, you may also mix all ingredients in a blender or food processor.
    Nutty Kitchen

cook for life!

Funkadelic Flash is offline Senior Member
    YES! I just purchased some asparagus from my local farmer's market over the weekend! Perfect timing, J & H.

Let me know how it turns out. :-)
    Nutty Kitchen

cook for life!

Funkadelic Flash is offline Senior Member
    I finally got around to making this last night, and I have to say...it was INCREDIBLE! I did use a spicier curry powder, as I'm a fan of the heat. All of the tastes and flavors blended together so perfectly without any one of them being overpowering. It certainly was a treat for my palette and a great way to warm me up on a stormy day.

I had never really used it on a regular basis before, but your recipes are fast turning me into a fan of coriander.

Many thanks!

Hey Funkadelic Flash, I am so behind the 8 ball lately with work it's been nuts. Thank you so much for the update, I love it!!! So happy that it came out right and that your mouth is having a party. :-)
    Nutty Kitchen

cook for life!