Thread: ItWorks Greens page

milgrl3 is offline Junior Member

ItWorks Greens

Primal Fuel
    Does anyone know if ItWorks Greens are Primal or at least a little? I have been putting it into my smoothies but I am a little worried it might not meet the criteria. Here are the ingredients:

Broccoli, black walnut leaf powder, blackberry fruit, corn silk stylus, cranberry, dandelion leaf, goldenseal herb, kale, lemon grass, marshmallow root, meadowsweet herb, oat straw, papaya leaf, parsley, pau d'arco bark, plantain leaf, red raspberry leaf, rose hips, rosemary leaf, slippery elm bark, spinach, strawberry fruit, tomato, turmeric root, watercress, white willow bark, and okra.

boxcarguy07 is offline Senior Member
    While it is certainly primal, to me it doesn't look like the best greens product. Goldenseal isn't something you want to take on a daily basis (very powerful antibiotic properties, can wipe out even good gut flora if taken for long periods of time)

I'd check out Perfect Food Raw by garden of life, ORAC Energy greens by Paradise Herbs, or just adding plain Spirulina. What's good about the two products I mentioned are that they use green juice powders, rather than the whole green, so that you're getting all the nutrients and not the indigestible part of the plant. I'm sure there's other good products too
    Last edited by boxcarguy07; 01-06-2014 at 10:19 AM.
    I never know what to put in these things. I write songs!

milgrl3 is offline Junior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Sounds Great! I will make sure look it up. I have seen something about ORAC but never used it before. The ItWorks brand was something I had when I was trying a fad body wrapping thing and the greens came with it, but I never really used it. I just began eating this way less than a week ago so I am sure the knowledge will come with experience and talking to other people who know tons more than me, like I am sure you do. Thanks!