Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you eat today? page 2

blondiegreen is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    For supper I made venison meatloaf with squash inside it, and a baked red potato, plain.

GiGiEats is offline Senior Member
    Around mid-day I had about a cup or more of pureed pumpkin mixed with vegan protein powder (Sun Warrior) - Baked, so flipping good, I am addicted!

For my evening meal I ate about 16 ounces of trout (steelhead and rainbow) and loads of spaghetti squash, kale, bok choy, spinach, leeks and cabbage with a glob or two of coconut oil.

So flipping good! ha ha!

endless is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik W View Post
    Yes, Jazzmama, they are fun and inspiring. Make me come up with new things to eat!

Today I had cabbage, carrots, avocado, mandarins, two potatoes, coffee with milk, tea, and (expensive) sausage made of elk meat. Also gave away some elk meat and reindeer meat to relatives.

I didn't know there were paleo crab cakes! I will have to look them up.
    I found a recipe in Instagram, really easy. I can of crabmeat, one egg, 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper, 1/2 cup almond flour, fresh ground pepper and splash of hot sauce ( I used sriracha). Well browned both sides in ghee, then finished in the oven for 15 min to make sure they are cooked through. Next time I might play around with the seasoning but they were pretty tasty!

Primal and Proud is offline Junior Member
    Yesterday's menu:

Egg, bacon, avocado, bell pepper and mushroom scramble (not really scrambled, I try to preserve most of the yolks).

B.A.S. with roasted rosemary chicken.

Grass fed porterhouse with asparagus and mashed cauliflower

Half a cup of blueberries with cinnamon and a few almonds

I even feel good when I type the foods I eat...

Nillos is offline Senior Member
    For lunch there was some salad and beans - neither of which I ate much from (the vinegar used for the salad dressing has msg and several other 'ingredients' in it....)
    For dinner I will be having leftovers from yesterday's venison and I am going to turn the bone broth I prepared yesterday into the stew that I'll be serving tomorrow (have some lovely beef, root vegetables and spinach so far).

JimenyKrickets is offline Senior Member
    I got a nice slow cooker for xmas so I thought I would try a pork butt roast with sauerkraut and purple potatoes. I have never cooked with a slow cooker before and was very happy with how it turned out. It was extremely easy too. I just threw 3 ingredients in the cooker in the morning and headed off to work... done.

MsSmith is offline Senior Member
    Yesterday I had a cup of coffee with stevia and whipping cream, sweet potato chips, Brad's Kale Chips, a pan-fried pork chop, and 2 cups sauteed squash, water.

My lower fat/carb primal days are usually, 2 meals: 1 cup of coffee with stevia and whipping cream in the a.m. 1 pan-fried bone-in thin pork chop, 2 cups sauteed squash. 1 baked boneless, skinless chicken breast, 2 cups sauteed squash. Water.

Sometimes I substitute a meat with 1/3 pound grass-fed ground beef dipped in ketchup. I have read that mustard is more nutritious than ketchup so I am probably going to try 1:1 ketchup and mustard next time.

This is my go-to primal, trying to lose weight meal. I used the Paleo Tracker to try to figure out which foods I could have the most quantity of to stay within my desired macro range. I am trying to lose weight before I go into menopause. I am limited with veggies because I can't tolerate many of them post cholecystectomy.

My potato hack days are usually, 2 meals: 1 cup of coffee with stevia and whipping cream in the a.m. 1 pound baked, refrigerator cooled, skinless potatoes mashed with 1 cup fat-free chicken broth (or fat-free beef broth), once or twice a day. Water. Sometimes I have only ketchup with one of my 1 lb. potato meals but it slows weight loss a bit.

On my 20% days, I try not to have grains because they result in excessive bloating, but sometimes I slip/crave. It's really not worth it considering the bloat, but life is short and I don't resist all of my strong non-sugar cravings anymore. My favorite non-holiday 20% meals lately are pastrami, provolone, mayo and mustard roll-ups, chili with non-gmo corn chips, and taco salad with non-gmo corn chips. Sometimes I crave organic lowfat milk.
    Last edited by MsSmith; 01-07-2014 at 07:16 AM.
    Paleo Diet: 8-25-13 Wt: 185 BF% 27
    Primal Diet (Lower Fat/Carb): 9-27, Wt: 176.4
    Potato Hack Diet (Rotation): 11-12, Wt: 171.2
    Primal Diet (LF/C): 1-23-14, Wt: 159.6
    CW: 158 GW: 130 CBF%: 24.38
    48 - 5'7.5"

"What a wonderful thought it is that some of the best days of our lives haven't happened yet." ~ A.F.

"Exercising should be about rewarding the body with endorphins and strength, not about punishing your body for what you've eaten." ~ Unknown

MistiSB is offline Member
    breakfast: 2 hard boiled eggs
    lunch: 4 bacon wrapped mushrooms, a salad of romaine, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, and a touch of balsamic, and a cup of raspberries

YUM!

Erik W is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by endless View Post
    I found a recipe in Instagram, really easy. I can of crabmeat, one egg, 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper, 1/2 cup almond flour, fresh ground pepper and splash of hot sauce ( I used sriracha). Well browned both sides in ghee, then finished in the oven for 15 min to make sure they are cooked through. Next time I might play around with the seasoning but they were pretty tasty!
    Thank you, I'll make that some day soon

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    L: Salad of lettuce, carrot, tomato, cucumber with two hardboiled eggs and leftover turkey drumstick. Salt, pepper, mustard and lemon juice.
    D: Ham steak with crushed pineapple, butter fried mushrooms and courgette, lettuce and tomato.

I snacked on blueberries, and corned beef slices.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast