Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: wtf Planet Fitness ads page

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member

wtf Planet Fitness ads

Shop Now
    OK, for sure, I will never work out there. You show a couple of eye candy guys and cross them out, then an unfit annoying guy on a cell phone and cross him out, then point out a skinny woman with no real muscle and let people know that there are plenty of skinny women hanging out on machines.

I guess the point is it's a gym full of skinny, non-muscular women with none of those pesky guys with muscles to compete with.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    It's better than sitting on a couch all day.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    Mags, just for you I'm going to start a line of gyms called Planet Awesome, where weights are mandatory. And I'll work out shirtless every day at our flagship location.

Sent via lightsaber

Jacksson is offline Senior Member
    I just saw that and wondered if I saw it right. It looked like they were saying it was the place to go if you wanted to get on a cardio machine and laugh or exert absolutely no effort on a weight machine. I couldn't believe that is what they were promoting.

Sent from my BNTV600 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

ryanmercer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacksson View Post
    I just saw that and wondered if I saw it right. It looked like they were saying it was the place to go if you wanted to get on a cardio machine and laugh or exert absolutely no effort on a weight machine. I couldn't believe that is what they were promoting.

Sent from my BNTV600 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    They are promoting that they don't allow cell phones so you don't have to worry about hearing some idiot's conversation or him taking video of you, promoting that you don't have to worry about some gorilla grunting and sitting around flexing all day leering at you.
    -Ryan Mercer my blog and Genco Peptides my small biz

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    Mags, just for you I'm going to start a line of gyms called Planet Awesome, where weights are mandatory. And I'll work out shirtless every day at our flagship location.

Sent via lightsaber
    Signing up if you promise to keep your promise.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

DinoHunter is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post

I guess the point is it's a gym full of skinny, non-muscular women with none of those pesky guys with muscles to compete with.
    I thought the point of paying for ad space was to make people want your product?.....

I mean unless there saying theres lots of skinny women I can use as weights..? I'm not seeing the draw....
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    I signed up. But I'm almost 50 and still have some pudge. I'm more their market than the average 20-something crossfitter, to be honest.

I don't think they're going for anti-fitness, I think they're trying to appeal to people who get tired of guys that spend 4 hours just hanging out at the free weights showing off to each other, or Barbies that go to the gym in next to nothing to be seen by the guys hanging out at the free weights for 4 hours. That drives me nuts and makes me not want to go. I'm not there to be seen, I'm there to work out.

They're shooting for a gym without the gym fanatic culture that is intimidating or annoying to many people.

And it's only $10 per month (or at least that's the deal I got).
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Jefferson1775 is online now Senior Member
    In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock.

This message has been intercepted by the NSA, the only branch of government that listens.

Diana Renata is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmercer View Post
    They are promoting that they don't allow cell phones so you don't have to worry about hearing some idiot's conversation or him taking video of you, promoting that you don't have to worry about some gorilla grunting and sitting around flexing all day leering at you.
    This is EXACTLY why I like going to Planet Fitness. I have 2 gym memberships- PF, and another gym that's really close to my apartment. I hate going to the other gym, but sometimes I don't have time to drive to PF. Of the two, I definitely feel more at home, and confident at PF, and tend to have a FAR better workout. Even if it's simply for the fact that I don't have to deal with the arrogant bastards in the weight section.

FWIW, both gyms have their elliptical bunnies. They can do what they want. Not my problem.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast