Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Typical dinner page

Seashel087 is offline Member

Typical dinner

Maybe this is a dumb question but paleo dinner ideas really stump me. I have no problem coming up with breakfast or lunches but when it comes to dinner I just don't know what to eat or what is typical. I know there are a lot of recipes but I don't really have the time to make elaborate feasts every night. I want something simple and basic. I suppose I could copy lunch for dinner but that just seems wrong lol. So what do you typically eat? Is a dinner as simple as meat, oil, and veggies in a nutshell? banks

babakitchen is offline Junior Member
    hi !!
    yesterday evening i ate some fish (roasted in a pan) with a bowl of leeks & cream
    i also cook a whole (and big) plate of roasted veggies in the oven (carrots, parsnips ...) with onions & garlic, then i mix a part of the plate with almonds to have a "dip" for raw veggies, then i mix another part with water & coconut milk to have a big bowl of purée, and keep a part of roasted veggies to eat with boiled eggs

i often cook big parts for dinner, then i have leftover for the day after

i always have about 4-5 different soups in the freezer

i cook daily big pans of vegetables then i store in the fridge

hope this helps !!

James Ming is offline Senior Member
    any vegetable. another vegetable or fruit. any palm sized protein. if the protein is lean, add any fat source that is preferably whole like avocado, handful of nuts (maybe in a salad?) or some cheese, if thats your thing

For me, i like to cook up some organic beef mince in the pan with some onions, peppers, thyme, and black pepper, put it all over a bad of dark leafy greens, maybe add some balsamic vinegar. Sometimes a medium sweet potato to accompany.

Kris T is offline Senior Member
    Steak. I can eat that every night of the week. I have different mixtures of spices in shakers to give the steak different flavors, or just eat cooked in bacon grease.

I have also started enjoying 1/2 pound hamburger patty topped with lettuce, tomato, home made pickle - catsup - mustard. Eat with a fork. Delicious!
    44 F 5'5
    SW 205.4
    CW 180.4
    GW 150

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Mine tends to be a meat and a vegetable. Pretty simple.

Steak and sauteed mushrooms
    Chicken and broccoli in melted butter
    Fish and grilled asparagus
    Ground beef patties topped with a fried egg and a salad

Maybe I'll throw in white rice or something else if I'm in the mood.

Changing the spices or the cooking method makes a big difference. Beef in cumin is completely different than beef in rosemary. Grilled fish is very different from fish en papillote.

But yeah, it's pretty much a piece of meat and some veggies most days.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

oliviascotland is offline Senior Member
    I'm cooking for a family, so do tend to take more time but, for example, last night's supper was cottage pie (made with minced grass-fed beef, beef stock, a slug of red wine, a chopped onion, a leek, a couple of carrots and a courgette/zucchini, salt, pepper and Worcestershire sauce and topped with mashed cauliflowers), and tonight I'm roasting a lovely free-range chicken, which I will serve with roasted broccoli and roasted parsnips. Tomorrow I expect I'll make some kind of meal with any leftover chicken and fresh vegetables.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Big hunk of meat and a huge pile of steamed veggies and potatoes with a pat of butter. Done.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Big hunk of meat and a huge pile of steamed veggies and potatoes with a pat of butter. Done.
    And then the angels sing.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    So different when you are cooking for a family.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Seashel087 is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thanks everyone for your replies--that helps! So it really is that simple--meat + veggies + fat + spices (of which there are many different combinations). It's just I'm so used to having dinner with some sort of carb (typically a grain), that it takes a bit to wrap my head around the idea that it isn't necessary and dinner can be complete and satisfying without it. So it helps to see what others are doing.
    Last edited by Seashel087; 01-06-2014 at 06:19 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast