Thread: Jungle-Tum: The Diary of a Rumbly Tumbly page

FeenStar is offline Junior Member

Post Jungle-Tum: The Diary of a Rumbly Tumbly

Shop Now
    I have been eating primal on-and-off for about a year now, usually throwing in the towel for one of two reasons:

1) I don't get my period when I cut out grains. I have experienced this every time I've gone primal, and while on the SCD...and that's just not right.
    2) I can get some pretty severe bloating and sometimes tummy pain. I've had acid problems in the past, and it appears to run in the family.

The latter is what really drives me to begin this journal; I am hoping that by sharing my experiences, I can find others who have tackled the same issues. I reached a boiling point today; it's been about a week now that I have felt like I've been carrying a burning rock-baby in my upper abdomen. It can be perplexing when most accounts claim that their bloating issues have subsided once moving to this method of eating.

I am hoping to drop some pounds as well, in the area of maybe 15 lbs. Quick stats:

drheather is offline Senior Member
    Bloating could be from adding too many fibrous veggies too quickly? A lot of nonstarchy veggies have insoluble fiber that can be an issue. Was just reading about this in Chris Kessler's new book.
    I also have the upper stomach discomfort intermittently-the only diagnosis I've gotten is gastritis. Will be interesting to see if others have this issue too.