Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Loose vs Lose

Shop Now
    LOL... I think the lose/loose mixup is my number one pet peeve. And thankfully, yes, most of the people on this forum are pretty literate, so you definitely don't see it as much here!

I mix up my its/it's sometimes though... I usually catch it but for some reason my fingers go automatically to the wrong one most of the time! :-)

And Beefy... agree on the iphone. I turned my autospell off. It was changing half of my text to the incorrect stuff... drove me nuttier than usual!
    "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Let's keep this thread civil or all hell will break lose...
    PB Stats:
    Started 5/10/10
    Starting Weight: 215
    Current Weight (1/25/11): 180
    Goal Weight: 160

You's guys r getting really lose with ur grammar. U here me?
    I grok, therefore I am.

LTC, I think the accept text speech version is
    "U's guys r getn rly lose w/ ur grmr." *shudders*
    I'll go the grammar Nazi hell now...
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Latest Journal

Quote Originally Posted by mayness View Post
    I hardly ever see that on these forums... or maybe I've just become desensitized. On another weight-loss message board I used to frequent, I actually saw the wrong spelling MORE OFTEN than the right one. Drove me nuts.
    And they loose their modivation

What's that, too -round? They lose their modification? That sucks if they've been tatting their fat....
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Latest Journal

You frighten me Naiadknight! My spelling and grammar have become crap in a toolkit in the 30 or so years I've been out of school.

Their just not modivaded to loose wieght anymore. Definately!

Quote Originally Posted by Daemonized View Post
    If you have issues with the spelling and grammar issues here, you should try frequenting motorcycle forums.
    I moderate football forums. Probably the same basic crowd.

Tooround, it's part of the engineer in me, as well as being on the spelling team/ in the top 6 of the spelling bee for *quickly counts on fingers* 8 years. 8 years of technical/ dissection papers didn't help.
    My Latest Journal

Shop Now
    Any of you see Inglorius Basterds? Here's an amusing pastiche with a grammatical twist:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPTo30dZXCY