Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: had some wings and POW!!! HEADACHE!!! page

AntonG is offline Senior Member

had some wings and POW!!! HEADACHE!!!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    so Ive been 100% primal for a couple weeks or so, increasingly feeling better and getting leaner than Ive ever been. I was at the bar on saturday to celebrate a birthday/watch the UFC. I dont really drink anymore so I was just pounding some waters with lemon, but by midnight or so I got really hungry because my last primal feast was around 7. I could use some extra calories because of my constant workouts so I decided to get my old favorite, wings dry with sauce on the side. after destroying at least a dozen I was walking around and all the sudden i got this huuuuge headache!! im guessing the deep frying plus the breading that the wings come with. stomach was also punching me from the inside out. this all went away later but just goes to show that once the body is used to clean food it really doesnt like anything crappy.

MeatMe216 is offline Senior Member
    feel ya

wings are hit or miss. Some bars i can destroy a few dozen and feel great, other fry em in some nasty soy/corn oil stuff and i feel like i wanna puke after just a couple

tomgon2005 is offline Junior Member
    I had the same problem! Except I had the shits for about 2-3 days and felt really bloated. I spoke to this guy who has been Primal for almost a year and he said that that happens to him too and for me to learn what this bad foods do to your body. I wish they wouldn't fry them and we could enjoy our protein with some wing sauce.

yea right, there goes the last non primal thing i really enjoyed eating.

Katie82 is offline Senior Member
    probably MSG in the sauce as well. And nothing makes me feel more crappy than when I eat something fried in those nasty veg oils. You can still make baked wings at home and there are plenty of acceptable bottled wing sauces. I think they taste way better baked anyway.

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    Baked wings are awesome.

Maybe I'll make some this week, and pick up a gallon of Frank's to go with them.

batty is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthFriendly View Post
    Baked wings are awesome.

Maybe I'll make some this week, and pick up a gallon of Frank's to go with them.
    +1

hot sauce and butter. all you really need for really bitchin' hot wings, anyway.

HANDS OFF MY BACON :: my primal journal

hmm you are right, wings are so cheap to buy anyway

jadeocean is offline Member
    know how that feels, makes me never want to try it again. Most sauces are loaded with sugar too, thats what I blame the misery on!
    Went Primal: 3/28/2010 - 43 lbs lost!
    Over 15 inches gone!

Primal Journal ~ Jadeocean

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AntonG View Post
    hmm you are right, wings are so cheap to buy anyway
    I know it sucks when you're out, and wings are the only thing on the menu that even remotely resembles food... sometimes I'd order them, and they'd bring me back these breaded orange things, I'd send them back no matter what the waiter said. pay for my seltzer and walk out in a huff.

Bacon wrapped jalapeno "poppers" are great too. Just cut'em in half scoop out the seeds, fill'em with cheese of your choice, or pate mabye, wrap in a slice of bacon, and bake until crispy.

...Once again I question what the right location for a Primal restaurant would be...where is there a sufficient concentration of paleo peeps/open minded dinners for such a thing to work?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast