Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pizza page 2

MaceyUK is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Here's my recipe for Meatzza....Meatzza | PRIMAL JOYPRIMAL JOY
    Man seeks to change the foods available in nature to suit his tastes, thereby putting an end to the very essence of life contained in them.
    www.primaljoy.co.uk

irishdee is offline Junior Member
    I make my turkey meatza for dinner tonight and a friend didn't even notice it wasn't a traditional dough crust...

Grabbing life by the kettlebells...: Turkey meatza..

artdeco is offline Junior Member
    We really like this cauliflower pizza crust! The Best Cauliflower Crust Pizza. | How Sweet It Is

Hi...thought I'd put my 2 cents in....I've made a low carb pizza for years that you might like....for the crust I dice up cauliflower, cook in a little water until soft, drain, and mash it with a potato masher, add an egg and some grated Monterey jack cheese, and some shredded zucchini, add some dried herbs like basil and oregano. Press it into a pizza pan and bake for about 20 minutes at 350 or until your crust is firm and a little crispy...if you get your ratios right and experiment a little you can get the crust where it is firm enough to hold a piece of pizza in your hand. For the topping I make either an alfredo sauce with heavy whipping cream, minced garlic and powdered parmesan cheese or I do a marinara sauce with garden tomatoes, dried herbs like again oregano and dried basil, a little garlic. Toppings are endless but I use onions, mushrooms, spinach leaves, chopped artichoke hearts and chicken for the alfredo/garlic pizza and the same veggies but a good nitrite free sausage with the marinara pizza...After putting your toppings on your crust with a little more shredded Monterey jack or Mottzarella (sp?) on top bake it at 350 for about 30 minutes or until it looks done and golden on the bottom. I just kind of throw this stuff together when I cook so I don't have exact measurements but this is our alternative to regular pizza and it always hits the mark!
    Last edited by MountainRose; 01-05-2014 at 05:16 PM.

babakitchen is offline Junior Member
    i saw on pinterest that we can make a cauliflower crust, but i did not try yet
    it looks nice but ... well, this is cauliflower !

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Grated zucchini + 1 egg + potato starch works well, but it definitely isn't real pizza. I like it for what it is, though.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

lotusberries is online now Senior Member
    When I want pizza with a crust (because usually I just throw pizza sauce, cheese, and toppings into a bowl and eat it like that) I use these two recipes. The first is made with green plantains. When I use it for pizza I just make sure I bake it thin. Passionate Paleo: Plantain Bread !

The second is made with cheese and arrowroot flour. When making this one for pizza I double the amount of arrowroot and it makes it a bit more stiff so it can be picked up easier. Flourless Cheesy Bread Recipe | The Nourished Life

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    This may be a viable option for non-celiacs if you're willing to maintain your own sourdough starter and make your crust at least a day ahead of time to ferment:

Arrowhead Mills Organic Sprouted Wheat Flour, 28 Ounce Bag (Pack of 6): Amazon.com: Grocery & Gourmet Food

This will actually produce REAL pizza crust, something that no other recipe will do well. Obviously, it ain't perfect, but you can make a traditional pizza be as healthful as possible.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

youtacolot is offline Member
    Here's what I've been doing lately for pizza. I developed it based on the cracker recipe from primal cravings.
    1 cup tapioca flour
    1/4 potato starch
    1/4 cup potato flour or instant mashed potato (dehydrated potato only)
    1 egg
    1/4 cup olive oil
    1/3 cup water

Preheat oven to 400.
    Combine all dry ingredients and wet ingredients in two separate bowls.
    Pour wet ingredients into dry stirring until mixed, then knead a few times.
    On a sheet of parchment paper, lay out the dough and flatten with a rolling pin. If the dough is too wet or sticky, or if a very thin crust is desired, I cover the dough with plastic wrap during this step.
    Bake the pizza on the parchment paper directly on the oven rack for about 6 min.
    Remove pizza, put toppings, bake another 6 min.

This recipe manages to avoid nut flours but probably isn't ideal because of the added olive oil. But it tastes great!

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Tara Grant's recipe makes terrific pizza crust. I have only made the paleo version and it works great. I have served it to non-primal folk and they didn't even know it did not contain grains.

tara grant | www.primalgirl.com

It is well worth the $4. And no, I don't get a kickback or have any connection whatsoever.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast