Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bulletproof... page 2

sakura_girl is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ColeTrain View Post
    I drink it occasionally. Usually 2 cups black coffee with 1 Tbs coconut oil and 1 Tbs butter. Its delicious I just don't make it often
    I also use bp coffee in these proportions sometimes. Any more and I feel pretty nauseous.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Not specifically because bulletproof coffee as prepared by its inventor has a lot of fat in it. But I have replaced the two tablespoons of half 'n' half I used to put in my coffee with a teaspoon to a half tablespoon of coconut or MCT oil (or occasionally butter). Good mouthfeel, one less thing to buy at the grocery store.

The pure fats change the taste of the coffee less than cream products do, while leaving a heavier mouth feel that some people miss when they go to black coffee. That's just my observation, and ymmv.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Sonoran hotdog is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KV8R View Post
    I put a heaping spoonful of coconut oil in 16 oz of coffee, with a sprinkle of cinnamon, a sprinkle of unsweetened cocoa powder, a splash of pure vanilla extract and an egg. Hit it with a stick blender for about 5-8 seconds. Comes out perfect every time!
    I follow about the same recipe - the egg really does a great job of emulsifying the CO so you don't have an oil slick on top.
    I have one every other day, on the mornings I run. I find on the other days, when I lift at the gym, I don't burn off the fat buzz as well. Takes me 4-5 running miles for the fired-up furnace to burn down.

quikky is offline Senior Member
    I tried it once with just a tablespoon of coconut oil, and it was not for me. Tasted like a weird coffee broth. I'm sticking with half and half, and heavy cream.

Misabi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    Yep, I have to admit my racism here; black is better in the world of coffee…
    Once you go black...
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Misabi is offline Senior Member
    I prefer bombproof tea.
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by venfayon View Post
    I love it. I got into roasting my own beans, this way caffeine is super fresh. Sometimes I buy Robusta green bean (30-40% extra caffeine compared to Arabica beans). Give it a light roast. For me, I didn't use to drink coffee and when I made bulletproof coffee, the caffeine lasted 10 hours.
    That's pretty interesting, a slow reléase effect from the fat! I have also heard people tell stories that eating a pound of butter together with alcohol gives a comfortable buzz that last a couple of days after drinking...

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, actually once I tried black I realized it's just as good as with cream in it.

Lately I put a square of dark chocolate and some cocoa powder in my coffee. It's like black mocha.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

sroelofs is offline Senior Member
    BP coffee is awesome, I have been having two a day for over a year. I have 2tablespoons MCT Oil, butter or pure cream, 3 espresso shots. I don't blend it, I have a thermos mug and I just shake it.

I don't understand the people who say they try and avoid the fat in it, that's the whole point of it.

fatgoose is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Been doing a coconut oil and Kerry gold version for the past two months. Makes me feel great. It's quick, tasty and the fat really satisfies my hunger, easy way to "cheat" an intermittent fast. My wife has recently started doing a tea version and likes the energy and had some easy weight loss with it as well. I just bought some "upgraded self" beans, I doubt they'll make me superhuman like Dave Asprey says but I thought they were worth a shot. Looking forward to trying MCT once I run out of coconut oil. Try it!!!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast