Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Minimum Need to eat Post Weight Workout page

trigirl85 is offline Senior Member

Minimum Need to eat Post Weight Workout

Shop Now
    So I tried finding a min suggestion on the web and all I got was a lot of information about CW crap eating that I don't want. I am not body building here, although I suppose I am recompositioning as I am trying to lose fat (mainly) and build some lean mass. I do my 50 min weight circuits (kettleball/abs) twice a week and always fasted in the morning when I get up because honestly I am not going to have the energy by the end of my 9 hour work day where I stand a lot and I don't have a "lunch hour" more like 20 min if lucky. I also only eat twice a day at this point and when I eat my two meals later in the day I am generally not hungry at all even after lifting but I know I need to eat something because fasting/weights/fasting can't be a good idea and I know i saw a thread where most people agreed earlier last week. So can I get by with just a hb egg until Noonish (I workout at 6 am) or should I just eat my breakfast 30-60 min later anyways?
    Edible, adj.: Good to eat, and wholesome to digest, as a worm to a toad, a toad to a snake, a snake to a pig, a pig to a man, and a man to a worm. ~Ambrose Bierce

(R)evolutionary Cuisine

My Journal

rphlslv is offline Senior Member
    Depends on how intense you're lifting and how much you've depleted your glycogen stores. If you are already training on an fasted state, then fasting afterwards might not be so good. Eat your breakfast within the next hour.
    .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

MattyD is offline Member
    I normally have some unflavoured whey and creatine after a workout, I follow up with the next meal when I'm hungry for it, sometimes straight away, sometimes a few hours. I think experimenting and find what works for you.

CW tells you that you need to gorge on protein straight away and every 3 hours or you will lose muscle mass, this is BS, but I do know that the whey after a workout helps me recover quicker, the duration till the next meal has little/no effect on me.

AntonG is offline Senior Member
    yea whey after workout feels much better than no whey. i usually chase a shake with a banana or some babyfood style applesauce. all my workouts usually deplete glycogen so it feels good to bounce back a litle. To OP, if you are working out at 75%+ intensity you should. a high protein+fat breakfast with some fruit postworkout would serve you well.

EGYnutrition is offline Senior Member
    1 egg = 6 grams protein... get a supplemental protein, IMO

In Pursuit of Healthiness, Only to Achieve Happiness!: www.livingnotsurviving.com

trigirl85 is offline Senior Member
    Ok, the thing is I can't stomach any type of protein powder I have run accross and prefer whole foods anyways which is where the egg came in because I get ready to go to work and am out the door so I have breakfast about 1.5 hours after my workout. You can see my workout in my journal, I don't think it's too intense in terms of actual weight lifted but it is challenging for me plus some of the kettle ball stuff is almost like a cardio workout. So I suppose it's really just a matter of eating breakfast anyways and just making sure I don't eat too late the night before regardless.
    Edible, adj.: Good to eat, and wholesome to digest, as a worm to a toad, a toad to a snake, a snake to a pig, a pig to a man, and a man to a worm. ~Ambrose Bierce

(R)evolutionary Cuisine

My Journal

strom is offline Senior Member
    a frittata than! http://www.frittatarecipe.net/ I want to make one soon. They should have a ton of protein in them and I bet its more bioavailable than powdered protein.

EGYnutrition is offline Senior Member
    More boiled eggs? haha... Or go with Mercola and do raw organic (must be organic, higher risk with non-organic) eggs in a shake... Have you tried jay-robbs egg white protein? No crap + no whey (which might be causing your stomach issues)

In Pursuit of Healthiness, Only to Achieve Happiness!: www.livingnotsurviving.com

rphlslv is offline Senior Member
    Boil some eggs the night before.
    .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

strom is offline Senior Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast