Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why Veg*ns are Dangerous page 2

strom is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Maybe they want the population to be fat, less clear thinking and sick. Easier to manipulate.

Katie82 is offline Senior Member
    I actually liked Obama's answer to that question although it was a bit too vague to know what he actually believes are healthy foods, it's clear he doesn't think veganism is the answer!

kalewoman is offline Member
    I think all those vegan people, Neal Barnard, all of them mean well and are trying to help people. And they do get people off SAD and onto whole foods, which is a step in the right direction at least. I was vegan for years, and believed it to be the absolutely ideal diet, until recently. I've had to swallow my pride. I used to think things like, "If my father-in-law would just quit eating so much steak and drinking sodas every day, his gout and ulcerative colitis would heal themselves and he wouldn't be overweight and miserable all the time." But I now feel that people, and food, and society are so complex, that I can't claim to know anything anymore. I believe now that people should eat the way that makes them feel healthiest, and hopefully listen to their own bodies more than to any authorities claiming to be experts on the subject.

As far as sustainability/ecology, either vegan or primal diets can be sustainable or not. The vegan who lives in New York but eats tons of pineapple and bananas, or the primal dude who lives in New York but eats feedlot beef, is feeding himself less sustainably than the New York vegan who eats potatoes, carrots, and kale, or the New York primal dude who eats local grassfed beef.

Bottom line: we've got to show the vegans lots of love...to make up for all that meat they're not getting. ;-)

jo
    jo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainer View Post
    No wonder our pets suffer the same painful issues we do when we eat like crap.
    My cat gets fat around the middle when she eats cat biscuits and loses weight when she has wet food. Unfortunately she doesn't like wet food (I give it to her anyway and she eats it because she is hungry). Cats shouldn't be fed carbs!! Neither should humans!!

Grol is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kalewoman View Post
    I think all those vegan people, Neal Barnard, all of them mean well and are trying to help people. And they do get people off SAD and onto whole foods, which is a step in the right direction at least.
    Bottom line: we've got to show the vegans lots of love...to make up for all that meat they're not getting. ;-)
    I'll never go vegan bashing even when they bash meat eating. My best friend, an incredible architect, father and husband is vegetarian. I used to steal him away for a British Burger at Denny's back in the day. Maybe a little pizza and beer after hoops. His wife tried to break us up, but we all settled for me just not being such a bad influence. That was 20 years ago, and I'm starting to think it's time to influence my good buddy again. Btw, these appear to be extremely healthy people in every sense of the word, physically, socially, environmentally, psychologically, etc. I consider them a near perfect couple. Sure they've tried to convert me, but always in good spirits, never with judgment, and of course, the very best of intentions.

I've mentioned a few times that I considered veganism in my search for answers to my health issues. They were part of the reason why. Their reaction to my primal decision was priceless.

I basically told them they were right about so much that I was truly impressed. I was going to join them eating tons of whole veggies and avoid refined foods as much as possible, but there was a catch. Instead of eating oats and grains and rice and pasta and bread like them; I was even going to improve on THEIR great diet with animal corpses.

Daemonized is online now Senior Member
    I'm an anti-vegan. I have nothing against vegans and have absolutely no desire to pick fights with them, but I'm nearly carnivorous. Mostly I use plants as seasonings. So, pretty much anything that a vegan would eat I won't touch and anything that I will eat a vegan won't.

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kalewoman View Post
    *nods*.

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

JeanPatrick is offline Senior Member
    I blogged about that today on my website.

you wouldnt believe the claims I quoted...
    Living the hard way has never been so easy!
    My paleo website : www.primaljournal.com

periquin is offline Senior Member
    The fact that any group of people wishes to force others to live by their rules is abhorrent to me. It doesn't matter if they are vegans, vegetarians, omnivores, or frutarians. (Did I miss anyone?)

My kids came up in scouts. They joined other groups too as part of their socialization while being home schooled. When they were older they opted for high school. I was often at odds with people in those groups who would make no concession for our family. We follow laws of Kashrut. Everyone seems to think that we should eat pepperoni, pork chops, etc. and would actually attempt to trick us into eating these things sometimes. You don't have to be a vegetarian to have an agenda and to be crafty about having others follow it.

PS---I did not always abide by the dietary rules. It is something that came on during the last decade. To be honest, I miss my roast pork loin, etc.. Life goes on.
    Last edited by periquin; 06-15-2010 at 01:53 PM. Reason: spelling

kalewoman is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by periquin View Post
    (Did I miss anyone?)

Carnivores? lol
    Just teasing...all you carnivorous beasts out there. ;-)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast