Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: testosterone page

David is offline Senior Member

testosterone

Primal Fuel
    I am researching for ways to naturally increase testosterone in men after the age of 50 or so. Mark talks about this here and there but can't seem to find his resources or older posts about this topic.

Jim
    Jim is offline Junior Member
    Try cod liver oil. Vitamin A has been linked to increased testosterone, and CLO is a very good source. Personally, I take a tablespoon a day. It also gives you a boost in vitamins D and K.

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    I am researching for ways to naturally increase testosterone in men after the age of 50 or so. Mark talks about this here and there but can't seem to find his resources or older posts about this topic.
    Lifting heavy things is about the best option.

Optimize zinc and vitamin A as both are used in the production of T, but especially zinc. Having messed around with D to A ratios, I find that I do best with a 6:1 D to A ratio.....more A than that and I start to have symptoms of A toxicity even though I'm technically not A toxic - it's alllll about ratios. Ca:Mg:K Na:K Zn:Cu K:Kcal D:A Ω3:Ω6 ratios ratios ratios

And don't be afraid to get an rx for testosterone. It's important stuff.
    http://www.bodylogicmd.com/hormones-...could-kill-you

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

Ollie is offline Senior Member
    The primal blueprint Laws will all raise your testosterone dramatically (diet, exercise, sunlight, sleep, etc) and naturally.

Other than that go with zinc pills.

AntonG is offline Senior Member
    raising your fat intake will drive the T values up. eat eggs, cholesterol converts to testosterone

TheGrappler is offline Senior Member
    Sleep is important. Very heavy lifting, and fats and cholesterol!!!
    "I know what my body needs and what it can handle. There's no better way to achieve my goal than what im doing now. If my regimen leads to my death, be it in six days or six months...I will die fullfiled. The outcome is irrelavent so long as i steer towards my fate. If death is to be my prize, i welcome it with open arms."

"A pound of meat a day keeps the doctor away"

EGYnutrition is offline Senior Member
    ZMA before bed, Vitamin D

Lowering stress and losing fat could have significant impact. Along with all the others stated above

In Pursuit of Healthiness, Only to Achieve Happiness!: www.livingnotsurviving.com

Lean Body is offline Member
    Get a quality sleep, balanced diet is also important, Zinc is very useful to increase testosterone level also consume Vitamin B6 and magnesium to aid in zinc absorption and the converting of free cholesterol to testosterone, and avoid alcohol.

David is offline Senior Member
    Thanks AntonG. Where did you find your resource for raising fat levels, if you don't mind sharing. I am eating PB and Paleo.

periquin is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    The herb, tribulus terrestris, is touted by Asian physicians and Russian body builders to be a wonderful way to boost testosterone. Western pharmacologists claim that it is of little value. Friends that have used it in my geriatric circles claim it is wonderful.

I leave it for you to investigate and decide. http://www.ayurvediccure.com/tribulus-terrestris.htm

My favorite 'go-to guy' is Dr. James Duke, an ethnobiologist. In his book, "The Green Pharmacy", he recommends fava bean, ginkgo biloba, velvet bean (macuna), anise, cardamom, cinnamon, ginger, American ginseng, and a few others. All are not required, just the ones that appeal most to the user.

The cardamom, cinnamon, and ginger are especially liked by my old guys group.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast