Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Plus-Size Barbie page 4

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    plus size barbie is down, how are we feeling about these?

beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    it's the PC 'being fat is good' message that I have issues with.
    If you can cite an example of that beyond some weird fringe group, I'd be surprised. I think most fat acceptance is more:

Acceptance only means that - accepting the fact that we're all different, and except for a small minority of very damaged people, everyone has something positive to bring to the table.
    I was passed over for a lot of design jobs (design being a field driven often by image), despite being an excellent student, who won a couple of design awards. Yeah, I was fat, but I was a good designer, top of my class. The worst part about being fat is that for a lot of people, they see your fat and it stops there. It's a lot like how black people are often treated. It's a shitty feeling.

I think all most fat acceptance people want is the same thing racial groups want- for people to look beyond the fat. I don't think when a fat woman interviews for a job at a law firm that she wants the hiring manager to find her fuckable, she just wants her ability to argue a case considered. It's often not.

I guess there is not much you can do, people can think and act how they want, but I can't blame fat people for wanting to see more positive representations of fat people in the media. It does help break some barriers.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    You get treated poorly at such a weight because you treat yourself poorly. You make poor decisions(and to some extent your parents make poor decisions) and don't take care of yourself and you end up that size. Yes, bad diets will cause you to eventually balloon up when you eat normally again and many people at that size are depressed and depression is a huge contributor to obesity in multiple ways.

Either way, you have to look at it as 20:20. You've obviously made a considerable effort and it's paying off. No need to hold on to past pains, if anything showcase that you've made an affirmative change and lead by example. Fat can't be healthy, regardless of whatever lazy politically correct horseshit they want to push. This is one reason why society is declining as a whole -- shit like this.
    Last edited by Derpamix; 12-28-2013 at 08:18 PM.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Gorbag is offline Senior Member

Accept the fat or go to jail!!!

^ No one will care about this fat guy, as he's a man and men are fair game.

Gorbag is offline Senior Member

He probably have some back ups then...

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member

Plus-Size Barbie

Lol Gorbag and derp XD

That second picture...so much I can comment on but I will not.
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    Oh my GOD

Also, being fat is a choice, being a different race is not. Not that I'm for the anti-racism(aka anti-white male) affirmative action crap either(if race really didn't matter, why do they care about representation in the media et al?), but that is a poor comparison.

Hell the backlash on political correctness has been so profound that people actually pride themselves in some of the more despicable beliefs from which pc grew. I've seen racist comments on here that made me cringe.
    I've seen no such thing here, but you should get used to that backlash. Each day more people of my generation wake up and see what's going on, and we're rightfully pissed off. We're going to start cleaning up the mess very soon, the mess that previous generations left behind, and it's going to start with the political correct bullshit that is essentially trying to displace an entire group of young white males.

We've been raised by technology in an era where all information and knowledge is available at our fingertips, and given the direction everything is going, this makes my generation by far the most intelligent and potentially dangerous generation that's ever existed. Insurgence is coming. The more that nutcase left wing wacko communists push their oppressive agenda in the name of "equality", the more of us there are.

Progressive stack - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This sums everything up

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Graycat View Post
    But back to the topic at hand. Does anyone believe that the fat acceptance movement is doing anyone a favor? Even if we put aesthetics aside, what could possibly be positive about it? People would feel better about themselves while getting fatter and fatter, more and more sick. I'm not intending to be harsh, only trying to understand the logic and psychology behind it all.
    Hmm, this is a great question and not easy to discuss without emotion, even online. But I will put in a comment.

Back when I was growing up, 40 years ago, I can recall barely a handful of children who the rest of us regarded as "fat". Without getting into the topic of how we treated them vs how we should have treated them and how they would be treated today - Recently I have seen photos of two of those people when they were in their teens. They really don't look all that big, in fact they look like a heck of a lot of today's children and teenagers.

The sad thing to me is that those people have continued to grow more and more obese. One of them is a very successful man with a great career and many friends, but he is huge and his health is suffering greatly. The other is already dead from ill health before the age of 50.

So while I think it is right and good to acknowledge and treat all people with dignity and respect, no matter their size, I can also understand the reservations about too much "fat acceptance" because it is actually potentially very destructive to the individual.

I certainly don't know what the answer is.

Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast