Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Resolutions - 2014 Share 'em here! page 3

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis67 View Post
    Get a bike. Ride it.

My 19yo car broke down back in June, and I decided to postpone repairs for a while and see what a car-free life would be like. The experiment was only supposed to last through the summer, but the car is still sitting, non-operational, in my driveway. I toyed with buying a new one, and have the money to do it, but..I don't want to. It just feels like a stupid thing to spend money on.
    Great goal. Similar story to mine, only my car has been gone a year.

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    I rarely make true New Year's Resolutions. Those always seem like a set up for failure to me.
    That said, there are a few goals/ ideas I'm aiming for as of a couple days ago.
    1) This one is dependent on the district, but if I can get to where I'm only at the one campus, I have a goal not to drive there at all. It's all of a mile away, 15 minutes on foot, 10 on bike, depending on traffic. Also, if I need to pick up groceries after work and it's viable to carry it home, I will.
    2) Maintain the minimal sulphite paleo diet I need to do well. Not 80/ 20 by choice, either, but by forced lack of choice (eating at the in laws, etc.)
    3) Get my teaching certification.
    4) Continue my work on mental stability, anxiety, and releasing the past. It'll be a long hard slog, but it's been worth it so far. Likely won't ever "finish"this, but even a step is a step better.
    5) NOT lose anymore weight. They don't make clothes much smaller than I wear that aren't kids clothes, and I can only get my size at 5 shops in the area.
    6) Survival Fitness: It won't happen in a year, but I'd like to better reinforce the physical fitness I would need to survive a life and death situation. Outrunning something, climbing a tree, hauling myself or someone else up off a cliff, that type of thing.
    Good goals - varied and complementary to each other. All the best x

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    It seems doable, and nothing that starts out immediately flopping or completing.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Sweet Leilani is offline Senior Member
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. "

- Mark Twain

My resolution for the year is to do exactly as above. I started my resolution two weeks ago though... I figured why wait until the new year, i may as well get a good run up
    I don't believe there is one correct way of eating for everybody, and I don't believe there is one correct way of eating for a person through every stage of their life

Jefferson1775 is online now Senior Member
    1. Find an engineering internship for the summer.
    2. Post a picture of myself on this forum towards the end of spring, when I'm less chunky .
    3. Get the sum of my squat, bench press, and deadlift PR's to at least 1150 lb.
    4. Read my Bible completely, from Genesis to Revelation.
    In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock.

This message has been intercepted by the NSA, the only branch of government that listens.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123