Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chest Pains page

Olives000 is offline Junior Member

Chest Pains

Primal Fuel
    Hi, I have been doing paleo for about five months with great weight loss results. I am a fairly active teen (weights, swimming a couple times per week). Lately, I have been noticing a recurring pain in the left side of my chest and I sometimes feel it on the right side of my chest as well. I am worried this might be related to an increase in saturated fats (eggs, avocado, dark chocolate..). Any thoughts?

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    I've had chest pains my entire life, usually breathing-related. Since going Primal almost 4 years ago, the sharper pains have disappeared, but I still get a dull ache from running, etc. Stress alone (upcoming tests?) can do it, as can singing too loud for too long.

A woman's husband had arterial plaque, went paleo and was eating an avocado a day or more, and a year later all the plaque was gone. The foods you list are not the problem. Are you eating bagels at school or have you ever had asthma?

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Thanks for the response! No, I don't eat bagels at school
    But maybe stress could be the problem, I'll focus on relaxing over the christmas break.
    Maybe yoga or meditation will help?

ryanmercer is offline Senior Member
    Stress, muscle strain, gas, heart problems, entirely in your head... could be any number of things.
    -Ryan Mercer my blog and Genco Peptides my small biz

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Not just in head. If experienced, it's real, whatever the cause. Everything that happens happens in our heads, after all.

But, relaxation techniques helped me a TON.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

KimchiNinja is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Olives000 View Post
    I am worried this might be related to an increase in saturated fats (eggs, avocado, dark chocolate..).
    Hehe, people always blame the fat!

What about sugar?

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Olives000 View Post
    Thanks for the response! No, I don't eat bagels at school
    But maybe stress could be the problem, I'll focus on relaxing over the christmas break.
    Maybe yoga or meditation will help?
    How much stress are you under?

Hilary is online now Senior Member
    Polite suggestion: see a doctor. People on a forum cannot possibly tell you what's causing this.

The chances that this is diet-related are slim to non-existent, but this could be a useful first sign of something up with your heart. Of course, it's much more likely to be indigestion - but find out now, so you know where you are and what kind of exercise you should be doing.

Artemis67 is offline Senior Member
    Do the pains coincide with certain things you do? Do they occur during or shortly after exercise, for example?

I get odd little pains in my sides and upper chest that have turned out to be nothing more than muscle tension. I tend to hold my body a little too stiffly when I do certain exercises, such as running. I'm better at keeping my body relaxed, but I still get those little, localized muscle cramps occasionally when I tense up again. I also get them when I'm under stress, or when I sit in a tense position for too long (such as flying Seattle to Dallas crammed in the middle seat between two fat people--so much fun). And often they won't show up until later, as I'm releasing the tension.

Yoga might help a lot if you tend to hold a lot of tension in your muscles; it'll help your athletics by improving flexibility, too.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'm going to see my family doctor soon but I'm worried she won't approve of paleo! I'm also curious to get a blood test done. Do you think that would be useful?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast