Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chest Pains page 2

Olives000 is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    From fruit? I usually have berries and some dried fruit.

Olives000 is offline Junior Member
    What kind of relaxation techniques do you recommend?

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    For relaxation, I like counting (a set number, might vary for you, it's 4 for me and my body) breaths per heartbeat, focusing on slowing my heartbeat down. And I do this while counting down backwards from ten over and over, relaxing my whole body further consciously with each number I count down.

There's lots of fun ways to relax, though. Use your imagination. With your eyes closed, you can easily feel like you're being tossed about on the sea atop huge swelling waves. I recommend a little google-fu about relaxation techniques, and try some different stuff!

But this ache could also be your large intestine. You poop every day?

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

ryanmercer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    Not just in head. If experienced, it's real, whatever the cause. Everything that happens happens in our heads, after all.

But, relaxation techniques helped me a TON.
    Don't write it off as it not being 100% mental. People regularly think they are having heart attacks, and they turn out to be panic attacks. They get worked up mentally and their body reacts physically. Not saying you are nuts but it's a very valid possibility.
    -Ryan Mercer my blog and Genco Peptides my small biz

Bifcus is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Olives000 View Post
    I'm going to see my family doctor soon but I'm worried she won't approve of paleo! I'm also curious to get a blood test done. Do you think that would be useful?
    Then don't tell her you are paleo. Tell her you eat a diet of mostly meat, fruit and veg and avoid processed food, takeaways and sugar. Don't mention grains at all. She will approve.

LivingHealthyLove is offline Junior Member
    I've experienced chest pains since going paleo as well. They disappeared when I started incorporating some grains into my diet. I noticed that mentioning chest pains is taboo on this forum (I've searched through a few threads). As you've already seen, it's written off as heart burn or just all in one's mind. I doubt you or I are imagining it. I literally had to stop what I was doing sometimes because I couldn't ignore the pain. I've experienced it and I'm sure others have as well. Unfortunately, I haven't seen it addressed by the paleo gurus like Mark Sisson and Robb Wolf. I wish it would be. IMO it is a direct result of going paleo. I didn't start exercising like a mad person or experience increased stress. Even if stress is a factor.. why the chest pains now?? I was stressed before and didn't experience this. As an experiment, I slowly started incorporating grains again and poof.. the chest pains were gone. Now, can someone answer the question.. why is op experiencing chest pains months after going paleo. I have the same question. Let's not avoid it by saying it's all in one's mind or writing it off as heart burn. Let's throw the breathing techniques in the closet and actually think about it please.
    Last edited by LivingHealthyLove; 01-02-2014 at 10:31 PM.

Misabi is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LivingHealthyLove View Post
    I've experienced chest pains since going paleo as well. They disappeared when I started incorporating some grains into my diet. I noticed that mentioning chest pains is taboo on this forum (I've searched through a few threads). As you've already seen, it's written off as heart burn or just all in one's mind. I doubt you or I are imagining it. I literally had to stop what I was doing sometimes because I couldn't ignore the pain. I've experienced it and I'm sure others have as well. Unfortunately, I haven't seen it addressed by the paleo gurus like Mark Sisson and Robb Wolf. I wish it would be. IMO it is a direct result of going paleo. I didn't start exercising like a mad person or experience increased stress. Even if stress is a factor.. why the chest pains now?? I was stressed before and didn't experience this. As an experiment, I slowly started incorporating grains again and poof.. the chest pains were gone. Now, can someone answer the question.. why is op experiencing chest pains months after going paleo. I have the same question. Let's not avoid it by saying it's all in one's mind or writing it off as heart burn. Let's throw the breathing techniques in the closet and actually think about it please.
    Quote Originally Posted by LivingHealthyLove View Post
    I've experienced chest pains since going paleo as well. They disappeared when I started incorporating some grains into my diet. I noticed that mentioning chest pains is taboo on this forum (I've searched through a few threads). As you've already seen, it's written off as heart burn or just all in one's mind. I doubt you or I are imagining it. I literally had to stop what I was doing sometimes because I couldn't ignore the pain. I've experienced it and I'm sure others have as well. Unfortunately, I haven't seen it addressed by the paleo gurus like Mark Sisson and Robb Wolf. I wish it would be. IMO it is a direct result of going paleo. I didn't start exercising like a mad person or experience increased stress. Even if stress is a factor.. why the chest pains now?? You were stressed before. As an experiment, I slowly started incorporating more grains and poof.. the chest pains were gone. Now, can someone answer the question.. why is op experiencing chest pains months after going paleo. I have the same question. Let's not avoid it by saying it's all in one's mind or writing it off as heart burn. Let's actually think about it please.
    Can you explain what I the grains you are eating would be stopping your chest pains? Just the carbs or something else?

Were you very low carb when you were experiencing the pains? If so, did you try increasing primal carbs or just go straight to grains?

I can't think of any vitamin or mineral deficiency that would cause chest pain, that you could get from grain but not from a primal diet.
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12