Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The weight loss ads have begun....grrr page

Kris T is offline Senior Member

The weight loss ads have begun....grrr

Shop Now
    Oh my holy hell, just the last 2 days the amount of weight loss adds on tv has skyrocketed!

All the shakes, prepared foods, pills and promises of getting thin fast is making my head spin.

The sadness of all the ppl who are desperate to lose weight and will spend hundreds of dollars and affect their health is such a negative way is saddening.

So glad I never tried any of them. Was always afraid of negatively affecting my health for the long term. Those plans never felt 'natural'.

Anyone out there get really involved in those programs and notice negative affects??
    44 F 5'5
    SW 205.4
    CW 180.4
    GW 150

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Most fail quickly, so the long-term effect of joining a CW program is loss of $$$ and gain of a few pounds.

I don't watch television. Not watching television is good for your mental health.

edennperez1 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    Most fail quickly, so the long-term effect of joining a CW program is loss of $$$ and gain of a few pounds.

I don't watch television. Not watching television is good for your mental health.
    Ditto and ditto. I was on weight watchers a long time ago. I lost some weight, hated that I had to eat low fat, started playing tennis more, ate what I wanted, gained some weight back. Oh well...

I also only watch what I can find on Netflix. Not watching tv means I don't have to be subjected to the "new year's resolutions" and "get the body you want now" crap. Thank God!

PaleoPenn is offline Senior Member
    New Years "resolutioners" coming to a gym near you!
    50 year old Male
    Current Weight: 195

vh67 is offline Senior Member
    This site will see an increase in people, too. At least for a while.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    I never got the whole "paying someone else for me to lose weight" thing. I do the work. I bust my hump and back in CW days, I deprive myself often to lose weight, and someone else gets paid?

Now give me a program that pays me money for every pound I lose, and I'm there.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Leida is offline Senior Member
    I was a resolutionist and that was 5 years ago. I have never paid for a plan, but I followed an eDiets advice/generic plan and it worked like a charm for me until I had a baby. After that I have lost my baby weight on Jillian Michael's (outdated) idea of the oxidizer type, which worked until I depleted nutrients. The most stable plan was Mark Hyman's (again, a book from the library) the Supermetabolism, which was basically a whole foods diet plan. It was my best time. Then I started restricting more and more going Paleo, Primal, Low Carb.... what have you and f**d with the success. Now, I am working my way back to whole foods and healthy home-cooked meals.

You really do not need to invest into anything if you have a library handy & access to the internet. No harm in trying.
    Last edited by Leida; 12-27-2013 at 12:12 PM.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

texas.grok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    "paying someone else for me to lose weight" thing.
    This is just a small part of the "Paying someone else to make me healthy" thing. Be it weight loss, exercise, going to the doctor to be treated for some lifestyle related disorder or paying extra for the "Low fat" processed crap in the grocery store, most Americans are looking for the lazy way out. Eating right and exercise is too hard. Taking pills and having surgeries are (apparently) easier.
    Randal
    AKA: Texas Grok

Quote Originally Posted by texas.grok View Post
    Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
    http://hardcoremind.com/

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by texas.grok View Post
    Taking pills and having surgeries are (apparently) easier.
    I know someone who actually gained weight on purpose so he would be able to have weight loss surgery. He wasn't heavy enough to qualify, so he actively ate to gain and make the cut (literally). But it turns out he has another condition that disqualifies him, so he's was out of luck anyway.

Usually a very smart man, but not in this case.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Some people take a weightloss/fitness plan more seriously if they make a financial commitment. I'm that way. I pay $100 a month for CrossFit and damned if I am going to waste money by not going.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast