Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm Tweaking; How about you? page 5

sakura_girl is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I think that few calories are fine so long as you recognize that your body isn't falling apart on you. I actually admire your routine and the health you bring to yourself by engaging in all these active things, eating clean, and maintaining calmness. If anything, I think your serenity contributes to your ability to consume so little and be satisfied

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    hmm. that may be true. I never really thought about it. After dinner, I'll do my crono-meter again and see how it came out today.

crono-meter says:

1354 cals

81g P
    185g C
    39g F

25% P
    50% C
    25% F

My low calorie days are pretty nutty to me. I seriously must not be getting the amounts right.

Anyway, went out for a nice walk with the hubs and kiddo. It's beautiful in the snow flurry. I love snow.

Deedly Deedee is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    My low calorie days are pretty nutty to me. I seriously must not be getting the amounts right.
    I was going to say, how are you not ravenous after such low calorie meals? But even if they were that low, as long as you're doing okay on it, maybe you don't have too much to worry about. Good to see that you're figuring your own needs out and letting your body be your guide.
    I dream of a world in which a chicken can cross the road without having its motive questioned.

Yeah. I'm thinking it's a reporting issue, rather than an actual calorie deficit.

So far, I feel great.

I mean, I had 3 eggs in 1/2 tbsp butter, plus my green juice which was 18 oz of juice today (kale, celery, cucumber, cilantro, parsley, lemon, ginger, 1 grapefruit and 1 small green apple). I had that from 10:20-11 am or so, and it's now 3:01 and I'm not hungry.

I did a fasted yoga/kettle bells (45 minutes), then we went for a walk in the flurry and some time at the play ground. I forgot my band to do chin ups! I think we walked for about an hour.

My husband went ahead and had lunch, but the kid and I are not hungry. Weird, that.

I'll probably have a snack or get hungry in about 30-45 minutes -- and then dinner comes in around 5/5:30. This way, we can get the kid to sleep around 8/8:30. He fights us, but we do ok.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    I keep misreading this thread title as twerking. Then I think, "I thought that thread got annihilated?"

My tweaks are experimenting with resistant starch. So far, so good.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Deedly Deedee is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I keep misreading this thread title as twerking.
    You're not the only one. If I had glasses to wiggle, I'd have been doing that a moment ago, LOL.
    I dream of a world in which a chicken can cross the road without having its motive questioned.

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    My tweaks are experimenting with resistant starch. So far, so good.
    What does this look like in your average day?

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    What does this look like in your average day?
    I'm supplementing right now because I wanted to see if it would work outside of any other food factors. I don't use calculators so I have no idea how much I eat (probably not enough). Right now, I'm at 1.5 tsp potato starch in juice or milk in the morning and 1 tsp in the evening. It seems to be working really well in conjunction with a saccharomyces boulardii probiotic supplement. Other supplements are calcium-magnesium butyrate (important for the constipation), Vit D/K, Vitex, a ginseng blend, and Vit E.

-3 eggs scrambled or fried in butter or coconut oil, sometimes with fruit on the side, usually a glass of juice w/ supplements including collagen hydrosylate
    -Leftovers for lunch, usually with a clementine & banana, or orange, or apple, or all of those
    -Hot cocoa (cocoa powder, pink himalayan salt, collagen hydrosylate, maple syrup)
    -Dinner is squash, rice, or potatoes with some kind of veggie & some kind of meat
    -Sometimes I have a hot milk drink in the evening (goat milk) with combinations of molasses, maple syrup, cocoa powder, pink himalayan salt, and collagen hydrosylate

On weekends, I have gluten-free pancakes for breakfast My food is pretty simple because my budget is tight this time of year w/ driving to work (otherwise I'd be bicycling).

Shit, at a guess with PaleoTracker, I'm only at around 1300 calories for the day. Why is eating more so difficult for me? It's not that I'm not hungry, I'm just tired of cooking so much.
    Last edited by namelesswonder; 12-30-2013 at 02:22 PM.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast