Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm Tweaking; How about you? page 2

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Am I the only one that misread this thread as 'I'm Twerking, how about you?'?
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    Wishful thinking.
    The Champagne of Beards

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    I apparently didn't explain myself well.

First, I'm not trying to, nor do I want to maintain an 800 calorie diet. I just plunked in what I happened to eat yesterday, and that's what chronometer told me. But, I didn't measure everything just so -- so I don't think that the numbers are 100% accurate. For example, I put in 4 oz of fish, but DH assures me that it was 6 oz.

I do know that I am under eating due to situational depression and lack of activity overall. But, I also don't feel hungry, so that's a part of it. Well, I'm hungry right now, and DH is making dinner.

Second, I was just checking my baseline and how that was there (PHD style), and also to go higher carbohydrate.

I'm not afraid of anything. I know that some of you don't recognize me from where-ever, but I've been primal for a few years now and I know the conventional wisdom of it. I understand how it works, too.

Third, I was giving an example of yesterday -- not what I'm eating every day. Well, I eat eggs every day, and I eat green juice every day, and I take my veggies raw every day.

Finally, the tweak. . .*instead* of "safe starches" I'm going for fruit.

I have been basically very fruit-light for quite a while. Since going primal, I've had one piece of fruit or less per day -- and generally citrus or berries when I do eat fruit. I might have an apple. This was all in an attempt to keep carbs low (below 100g). Which was really no problem.

When menstruating, I would add in starches (sweet potato) about two or three times in that week before and the week during for all the usual reasons, but ultimately, I just got a bit bloated and didn't really care for it. I wanted fruit.

Prior to primal, I loved fruit and would have 5-6 pieces a day. I loved veggies and would eat lots and lots and lots of them. I was never a big fan of meats (though I love eggs), and dairy isn't great for my digestion. So, I would eat normal amounts of meat (that 3-5 oz business, though sometimes more), and usually have 2-4 eggs a day (depends upon the size of egg and how hungry I am).

I didn't come to primal to lose weight or anything -- we came for DH's health reasons. I feel like, for me at least, I've been pushing myself to eat more of things that I don't want and less of things that I do. Giving up grains was easy because I never really cared for them that much anyway; same with beans. When I eat starchy foods, I tend to feel bloated and 'heavy' -- but when I eat fruit and veg, I feel great.

So, my tweak is to go for fruit instead of starches when I want more carbs. And to do that in lieu of going for more fat (in various oil forms) or more meat. I mean, I honestly do not want to eat more meat. I want more fruits and veggies.

And therefore, it only makes sense to do so.

To make up for the needs of my body -- both in terms of nutrients and calories -- it'll mean eating more of these things that if I ate a sweet potato with butter. Which may mean going for smoothies or juice to help facilitate that process.

I know it isn't "primal" (as primal is low carbs), but Joanie is right that it's tracing along PHD right now, and I'll see how it adapts over time.

In terms of work out tweaks, I'm psyched to start kettle bells! So glad my shoulder is better!

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    You probably already know this, but Denise Minger has some good info on this type of diet. rawfoodsos.com
    The Champagne of Beards

dat was on purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    You probably already know this, but Denise Minger has some good info on this type of diet. rawfoodsos.com
    Thanks, Rich. I was reading her site the other day (announcing her book and stuff), and I remember reading about some things there (how she came out of raw foodism, etc). I'll definitely have a deeper look.

Mutton is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    dat was on purpose.
    Lol; u sucked me in.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Actually, no, I thought she meant she was tweaking on meth.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

why would anyone in their right mind use meth? i am way too vain for that. Look at what it does to skin, teeth, and hair? upsetting.

also, i have never used any drugs (including alcohol and stuff, though I guess excluding caffeine until recently), so why would I suddenly turn to meth? LOL

Eureka5280 is offline Senior Member
    Twerking: Not even once.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast