Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What Mark Eats page

Karyn S is offline Member

What Mark Eats

I just read this - I Can’t Eat Anything! | Mark's Daily Apple and apparently Mark does not eat red meat - or a lot of it anyway. Am I correct about that? So he gets his protein mainly from his Primal Fuel - which I sort of don't think is exactly Primal. So - will others please 'weigh in' () on what to eat - I don't do protein shakes and probably won't - don't like the taste OR the expense. BUT I love a good steak.

ryanmercer is offline Senior Member
    I'd eat my protein too if I was selling so much of it that it was dirt cheap for me to eat it, especially if I was working it into my business costs and getting to write it off.

Not saying that is what he's doing but it's what I'd do haha
    -Ryan Mercer my blog and Genco Peptides my small biz

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Mark is not you. But read up on his history. He is coming from a very different place than many of us have come from.

I get my protein from meat.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Here's another sample using just food: Low Carb Sample Menu | Mark's Daily Apple

Some common food sources of protein that come in at less than 7 calories per gram of protein:

• Pork loin
    • Egg white
    • 95/5 ground beef
    • Shrimp
    • Salmon (pink)
    • Lean pork (fat trimmed)
    • goat meat
    • Protein powder
    • Squid
    • Chicken breast
    • Chicken liver
    • Duck Breast
    • Chicken thigh

Whole eggs, while a fantastic food, and I try to eat about a dozen per week, aren't on that list only because they come in at 11 calories/gram of protein, and being oldish and lazy, I have to watch calories.

From your user name, it appears you're female, so you might not be able to eat as much as Mark unless you work out a lot. Just from reading here, it seems like women eat from about 1500 cals to 2500 cals/day to maintain a healthy weight depending on factors like age, body composition, and activity. But in the sample low carb menu post, Mark states that even he doesn't eat 2500 cal/day on a regular basis.

The Primal Blueprint is a guide. In the end, you have to fiddle around with it to see what you need to eat to attain your weight and health objectives. If you stay away from the poisons (most grains, industrial oils, added sugars), keep your carbs to less than 20% of your total caloric intake, and make your food intake animal-centric (it flew, walked, or swam before it became food), you should be able to meet your protein needs without protein supplements.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Markbt is offline Senior Member
    He is an older guy who horribly damaged his body for years with excessive running and bad diet. I think I remember reading that his wife is a vegan or something also. All of these things, plus all sorts of other factors we will never know about, probably go into what he eats. Diet is highly individualized, so it doesn't really matter what anyone else eats. Obvously toxins like gluten, antinutrients, and cyanide should be avoided, but any food-based diet could potentially work for some people. Even if it doesn't work from our perspective, what someone else eats isn't really our business. Some people drink kale juice, some people drink butter and MCT oil. Niether is inherently wrong or right. Do what works for you. For me, that includes meals based on large amounts of delicious meat, so I will stick with that, regardless of what some dude on the internet eats.

Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    I get my protein from meat.
    Thank you - I do know he is coming from a different place and has a totally different history. Just thought it interesting and somewhat of a question for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Markbt View Post
    Obvously toxins like gluten, antinutrients, and cyanide should be avoided...
    Love this - I think of statins just like cyanide now.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Markbt View Post
    He is an older guy who horribly damaged his body for years with excessive running and bad diet. I think I remember reading that his wife is a vegan or something also. All of these things, plus all sorts of other factors we will never know about, probably go into what he eats. Diet is highly individualized, so it doesn't really matter what anyone else eats. Obvously toxins like gluten, antinutrients, and cyanide should be avoided, but any food-based diet could potentially work for some people. Even if it doesn't work from our perspective, what someone else eats isn't really our business. Some people drink kale juice, some people drink butter and MCT oil. Niether is inherently wrong or right. Do what works for you. For me, that includes meals based on large amounts of delicious meat, so I will stick with that, regardless of what some dude on the internet eats.
    I think his wife is a pescatarian and one of his children is a vegetarian.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

GiGiEats is offline Banned
    To be honest, I recently realized that red meat doesn't settle too well in my stomach, well a lot at least, so I don't eat it all that often either - but I do love it. So instead I load up on chicken and turkey breast and TONS AND TONS of low mercury seafood/fish - works pretty well, I still get well over what I am "supposed" to eat in terms of protein, but BAH HUMBUG, I am going to keep on devouring it because my health is JUST FINE

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    No your not right. That was one day in the life....Here is what to eat:

What to Eat and What to Avoid for Lifelong Health | Mark's Daily Apple

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast