Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What Mark Eats page 2

Karyn S is offline Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    When I registered this was NOT on the download page. Well, guess there is enough info on the site and in the other downloads. Funny because it is still listed as a bonus for registering but it doesn't seem to be there.

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member

What Mark Eats

Notice the fact that this post is sponsored by a multivitamin brand. They paid $$$$ for this post so they dictate a lot of the content.

The blog tags, key words etc. were carefully selected to target an audience that would be searching on the internet for supplements.

Basically this post is useless because Mark was directed by the multivitamin people to mention certain words for the purpose of making more hits.

Also the purposeful mentioning of his protein smoothie hyperlinked to his product increases the SEO ranking for his product when the words "protein smoothie" is searched on google. That hyperlink selection isn't just for lols.

So in conclusion, it was a mashup of Mark marketing his product and the advertiser's product. It was all a big advertisement.

I would put more weight on his non-sponsored stuff in terms of "what Mark eats."
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Karyn S is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisepassion View Post
    Notice the fact that this post is sponsored by a multivitamin brand. They paid $$$$ for this post so they dictate a lot of the content.
    Thank you for pointing that out - I did see the ad but as a newbie here I guess I thought it was an ad for Mark's stuff - probably exactly what I was supposed to think. However I did not click on the link - if I had I would probably have seen that it was a multi vitamin company and NOT Mark's stuff and would have discounted a lot of what I read. 'Reader beware'

Quote Originally Posted by Karyn S View Post
    Thank you for pointing that out - I did see the ad but as a newbie here I guess I thought it was an ad for Mark's stuff - probably exactly what I was supposed to think. However I did not click on the link - if I had I would probably have seen that it was a multi vitamin company and NOT Mark's stuff and would have discounted a lot of what I read. 'Reader beware'

Him trying to sell more of his own protein shake drink also skews his posts to make it sound like he drinks it all the time. SEO concerns.

Really though, whey protein is supposed to be used as an accessory not a crutch.

Don't get me wrong- I drink whey protein (or egg white+ gelatin) with fruit shakes a lot when I have zero time to cook or when I have zero appetite for real food due to stress. I just don't see whey as a good permanent solution, day in day out.
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Karyn S View Post
    When I registered this was NOT on the download page. Well, guess there is enough info on the site and in the other downloads. Funny because it is still listed as a bonus for registering but it doesn't seem to be there.
    Thats basically the "Primal Blueprint" in one page. Not much in the way of sciencey stuff, but its the cold hard facts of what is healthy and what is not. What promotes longevity and what diminishes. Sometimes simplicity is best.

ryanmercer is offline Senior Member

Him trying to sell more of his own protein shake drink also skews his posts to make it sound like he drinks it all the time. SEO concerns.

Really though, whey protein is supposed to be used as an accessory not a crutch.

Don't get me wrong- I drink whey protein (or egg white+ gelatin) with fruit shakes a lot when I have zero time to cook or when I have zero appetite for real food due to stress. I just don't see whey as a good permanent solution, day in day out.
    He doesn't need very much on-page SEO. He has a forum full of yuppies to buy his stuff and very healthy markups heh.
    -Ryan Mercer my blog and Genco Peptides my small biz

Barnyard is offline Senior Member

The blog tags, key words etc. were carefully selected to target an audience that would be searching on the internet for supplements.

Basically this post is useless because Mark was directed by the multivitamin people to mention certain words for the purpose of making more hits.

Also the purposeful mentioning of his protein smoothie hyperlinked to his product increases the SEO ranking for his product when the words "protein smoothie" is searched on google. That hyperlink selection isn't just for lols.

So in conclusion, it was a mashup of Mark marketing his product and the advertiser's product. It was all a big advertisement.

I would put more weight on his non-sponsored stuff in terms of "what Mark eats."
    I am confused Turquoise, what post are you referring to?
    The life I have today is far better than I deserve.......

M, 56, 6'0
    SW - 192
    CW - 175
    GW - 165-170

Current addiction: ice cream (and sugar in general).....doing battle with it!

the one OP linked to???
    ------

Barnyard is offline Senior Member
    the one OP linked to???
    Oh OK, my bad, was looking at a couple other links in later posts and didn't see sponsoring.....however, I still think that post has mostly good information in it, unless Mark is lying, it gives a pretty good synopsis on his daily eating habits......and me personally I just let those hyperlinks and ads bounce off of me, I am so used to seeing them on everything everywhere all the time! To dismiss it out of hand as one big advertisement and therefore don't pay any attention to any of the content? Respectfully, I just can't embrace that......
    The life I have today is far better than I deserve.......

M, 56, 6'0
    SW - 192
    CW - 175
    GW - 165-170

Current addiction: ice cream (and sugar in general).....doing battle with it!

Quote Originally Posted by Barnyard View Post
    Oh OK, my bad, was looking at a couple other links in later posts and didn't see sponsoring.....however, I still think that post has mostly good information in it, unless Mark is lying, it gives a pretty good synopsis on his daily eating habits......and me personally I just let those hyperlinks and ads bounce off of me, I am so used to seeing them on everything everywhere all the time! To dismiss it out of hand as one big advertisement and therefore don't pay any attention to any of the content? Respectfully, I just can't embrace that......
    Lol. Oh so innocent. I used to write sponsored posts (for fashion not nutrition) and so maybe I am skeptical but...
    ------

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast