Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How often do you do zero days? page

Sonoran hotdog is online now Senior Member

How often do you do zero days?

My normal routine is to alternate running (3x/week) & the gym (3x/week), and then hike or bike on Sunday. So unless injured, I work out every day.

I actually took off yesterday, Christmas Day, no gym, no run, no hike, no bike. OK, so I walked a couple of easy miles with the SO...but it felt pretty good this morning to be fully rested.

I know "rest" is one of the cornerstones of the PB, though the Definitive Guide only says "sleep".

How often do you take a day or more *completely* off?

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    I take rest days pretty often. At least two days a week, sometimes a week or more straight! I have a standing job for the most part so I don't have to fight too hard at getting activity in. I usually go to the gym after I clock out and do 15 minutes of compound lifts and/or bodyweight stuff. But days I don't work? I'm pretty lazy if I can be. I need it.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Jefferson1775 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    I'm pretty lazy if I can be.
    That's what I do as well, .

I lift 2-3 times per week and walk as much as I can but usually take it pretty easy on rest days.
    In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock.

This message has been intercepted by the NSA, the only branch of government that listens.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Often. I check in with my muscles and joints before starting, and I may quit within a minute of starting to give myself an extra day or two of recovery.

JimenyKrickets is offline Senior Member
    I don't plan any off days, life seems to take care of that on it's own for me.

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Roughly 7 days a week...
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Reventon is offline Senior Member
    My basic routine is no more than 3 days lifting, 1 day with 1 hour intense cardio (boxing or spin). Sometimes I'll drop my lifting back to 2 days.

I walk to work (only 2 kms / 1 and a bit miles away from home), to the shops and anywhere within reasonable distance, so I get my slow moving from that and swimming.

If I were you, I'd change that 3 days of running to 2-3 days leisurely walking, and just find a time to give yourself a solid interval training session. It does you a world of good to have the rest, and interval training is the ultimate bang for your buck in conditioning.

edennperez1 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    Roughly 7 days a week...
    Ha! Love this! I lift 3 days a week and live life as a stay-at-home mom of a six and three year old the rest of the days.

I've just now rolled off the sofa to head to the gym. I've been loving this holiday break. For some reason, the kids have let me loaf about - shocking! ;-)

Heyo Jay is offline Senior Member
    I take a lot of days off I guess.... From gym gym workouts. But I walk a lot and kick soccer balls around. Not really a workout but I'm moving.
    My interesting paleo weight loss blog

cwells51 is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I don't have a set number of rest days. If I wake up int he morning and just cannot get motivated, then I will not go. Some days I figure this to be complete bullshit so I will start a workout. If I'm still not feeling it after 5-10 minutes I pack it in and head home. Usually I rest 1-2 days per week with this method. More often than not just one day though.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast