Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Walmart Brand Multi Vitamin page

smerchant@plusd.org is offline Senior Member

Walmart Brand Multi Vitamin

Any thought on Walmart brand multi vitamins? I can't decide if vitamins are worth the purchase, and Equate brand is the only kind I can afford.

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    Why do you feel the need for any vitamins? D3..maybe if you live north of SF.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

boxcarguy07 is offline Senior Member
    better to go without than pay for that junk IMO
    I never know what to put in these things. I write songs!

eats.meats.west is offline Senior Member
    Do you need multis ? Big debate about that which is unsettled - who knows?

Should you use Equate from Walmart vs other brands? Price wise they are cheap and most companies don't make the vitamins, they contract them out to one of only a few manufacturers. So you could probably buy the same thing for more money elsewhere.

I prefer to take a select few single vitamins/minerals based upon what I figure to be deficiencies from my diet. Magnesium, zinc, etc.

ryanmercer is offline Senior Member
    If you want to waste money, go for it.
    -Ryan Mercer my blog and Genco Peptides my small biz

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    The idea that a multi-vitamin can serve as some sort of dietary "insurance" is based on a number of premises that vitamin manufacturers don't want you to question.

• Popping a vitamin pill is all you need to make up for a truly crappy diet.
      Why eat healthy, just buy those multi-vitamin pills!
    • Vitamins are all that matter, no other component of real food is of any nutritional importance.
      Science has barely scratched the surface.
    • Soil nowadays is so depleted that food essentially contains no vitamins.
      Uh, no.
    • The forms of vitamins contained in multi-vitamins are bioactively the same as those found in foods.
      Except that manufacturers use the cheapest (and least bioactive form) they can get away with. People who buy their multi-vitamins at Walmart shop by price, not by quality. Follow the money.
    • People who eat a diet containing a variety of whole, natural foods can nevertheless have serious asymptomatic nutritional deficiencies that will be fixed by taking multi-vitamin pills.
      Talk about snake oil. Convincing people they are seriously ill, despite having no symptioms, and they need to buy an over-the-counter pill that will cure them without making them feel any different has been a miracle of marketing.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    This is one of those pendulum debates. One year you'll find lots of people using supplements, another year not so much.

What I did was to track in a tracker to see what just eating what I usually eat is lacking. Then I bought those supplements rather than relying on a multi. About 40% of Americans are D3 deficient because we don't spend a lot of time outdoors. Magnesium also seems to be tough to get enough of because a lot of people don't/won't eat a lot of nuts. After that, K2 (which the govt gives no guidelines/recommendations) can be hard to eat enough of.

D3 and Magnesium are fairly inexpensive. K2, being the next great thing and all () is more expensive.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

ryanmercer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    After that, K2 (which the govt gives no guidelines/recommendations) can be hard to eat enough of.

D3 and Magnesium are fairly inexpensive. K2, being the next great thing and all () is more expensive.
    K2 doesn't have to be expensive, THORNE RESEARCH - Vitamin K2 Liquid has 1mg per drop, about 1200 drops per bottle... that's about 5 cents per mg.
    -Ryan Mercer my blog and Genco Peptides my small biz

hcurtis is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by smerchant@plusd.org View Post
    Any thought on Walmart brand multi vitamins? I can't decide if vitamins are worth the purchase, and Equate brand is the only kind I can afford.
    If you feel you need them, what about Trader Joe's brand? I don't really trust Walmart and all the Chinese stuff they carry. Goodness, they even have Chinese apple juice! No thanks.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmercer View Post
    K2 doesn't have to be expensive, THORNE RESEARCH - Vitamin K2 Liquid has 1mg per drop, about 1200 drops per bottle... that's about 5 cents per mg.
    Thank you for the link!
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast