Thread: Satisfries page

Wildrose is offline Senior Member

Satisfries

Primal Fuel
    Has anyone else tried Burger King's Satisfries? I'm asking because I tried a few yesterday. I'd already eaten a bunch of gluten containing crap so I figured, why not? My sister's boyfriend offered me some. I found out why a short time later.

They. Are. Foul! At first I thought they were rather tasteless unsalted french fries. But after a little while an... aftertaste emerged. It was bad and it lingered a VERY long time. Turns out that was why he offered them to me, he wanted to know if I tasted it too. XD So tried them on my sister and she was like, "I don't know what your problem is... wait... what is THAT?" It was unanimous, they are disgusting. Is that normal? Has anyone else tried them? Maybe we just got a bad batch, not that I care.

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    I don't know what those are and I don't want to know...

Pun-foods are no bueno.
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

edennperez1 is offline Senior Member
    Just googled it. Sounds disgusting. If I want fries, I'll just eat some normal ones (potatoes and oil) and call it a day! I'm sad that people will think they are being healthier when they eat these. Burger King won't even tell how they "reconfigured" ingredients to make these!!

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisepassion View Post
    Pun-foods are no bueno.
    I decided that becoming a vegetarian was a missed steak.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    I couldn't find the ingredients list on the Burger King website, just per-serving nutrition info. I found it in a forum somewhere else online.

Potatoes, vegetable oil (contains one or more of the following oils: canola, soybean, cottonseed, sunflower, corn), tapioca starch-modifies, contains 2% or less of corn starch-modified, paprika extract (color), rice flour, salt, sodium acid pyrophosphate (to maintain natural color), turmeric extract (color), xantham gum.
    I wonder how they justify that "20% healthier" claim. I'm sure there's funny math based on conventional wisdom involved.

texas.grok is offline Senior Member
    Back when I ate fast-food crap, I wished for Burger King burgers with McDonald's fries. BK is pretty good burger and McD's has the best fries, IMHO. I also liked Arby's curly fries. BK has always been behind in the French Fry wars.
    Randal
    AKA: Texas Grok

Quote Originally Posted by texas.grok View Post
    Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
    http://hardcoremind.com/

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    Sonic.

And Whataburger.
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    It's crazy, ubt I haven't had fast food in over a decade. I can't imagine having it again. When I would get fish and chips at a random shop in NZ, it was pretty horrible -- even when it was just normal ingredients (i.e., hand cut fries in oil, fish in a simple batter and oil, lemon juice, etc).

edennperez1 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by texas.grok View Post
    Back when I ate fast-food crap, I wished for Burger King burgers with McDonald's fries. BK is pretty good burger and McD's has the best fries, IMHO.
    This! x1000
    ;-)

MEversbergII is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Checker's, yo.

M.