Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another body part thread! page 2

TheyCallMeLazarus is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    ^^^ I have always wondered if there was a connection between my massive butt and my constant barefoot walking.

Apparently yes
    "They now look to a single and splendid government of an aristocracy, founded on banking institutions, and moneyed incorporations under the guise and cloak of their favored branches of manufactures, commerce and navigation, riding and ruling over the plundered ploughman and beggared yeomanry." - Thomas Jefferson, 1826

OneDeltaTenTango is online now Senior Member
    I don,t think my issue is a lack of strength. Rather it is fore aft mobility. I have worked on squats with my feet together and have been (lamely and half assedly) working toward pistols. I have difficulty getting the weighting right and being able to keep my feet flat on the floor while in the down positioof a pistol. Thoughts on how to improve that mobility?

MarielleGO is offline Senior Member
    Balancing exercises are good for your ankles and feet. Though you have to be careful with them, if done wrongly you might hurt more than you cure…
    Also walking on a beach barefooted works miracles.
    My story, My thought....

It's all about trying to stay healthy!!!!

Calories? Aren't that those little creatures that live in my closet and shrink my clothes at night?
    AN EARTH WARRIOR!!!!

Iron Will is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeltaTenTango View Post
    I don,t think my issue is a lack of strength. Rather it is fore aft mobility. I have worked on squats with my feet together and have been (lamely and half assedly) working toward pistols. I have difficulty getting the weighting right and being able to keep my feet flat on the floor while in the down positioof a pistol. Thoughts on how to improve that mobility?
    Keeping your weight back in your heels will help but if you find yourself coming up on to your toes you most likely have very tight calves so you're going to need to do some serious stretching.

Reventon is offline Senior Member
    Beach running, definitely. Gorbags stuff was pretty well bang on. I'll sometimes do calf raises without my legs at lockout and some flex in the knee to keep the Achilles activated. Lateral strengthening is tricky to drill for without sand or snow, though. A workmate has a mini bosu ball used upside down for rehab after tendon tears. Not sure how effective it is, but he likes it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12