Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yogurt vs Milk page

Bear is offline Senior Member

Yogurt vs Milk

Primal Fuel
    I read somewhere that while milk is problematic, yogurt (because it's fermented dairy) is OK?

Is that the correct view, in your opinion? I'm still considering eliminating milk, but keeping yogurt in my diet.

Thanks.

Jefferson1775 is offline Senior Member
    You just gotta figure out what works for you. Personally, milk causes some problems for me, but I'm fine with yogurt, cheese, and whey.
    In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock.

This message has been intercepted by the NSA, the only branch of government that listens.

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    In my world Butter > Cream > Yoghurt > Milk. We let our kids have all of them, but only have butter and cream for ourselves.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

nburgraff is offline Member
    Yogurt seems to be a lot less problematic in my opinion. Try and see which works better for you. Kefir is another good option.

Quote Originally Posted by nburgraff View Post
    Yogurt seems to be a lot less problematic in my opinion. Try and see which works better for you. Kefir is another good option.
    Thanks...nice website, by the way. Like the caveman thing...

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    I eat butter, milk, sour cream, kefir/yogurt, cottage cheese, mozzarella cheese. It really depends on the person. I thought I should cut dairy long before primal and had problems initially when I reintroduced dairy into my life, but I'm so glad I did. Dairy is delicious.

I believe if you have zero problems with milk, don't cut it. Do you experience acne, congestion, etc.? If you do, try an elimination protocol. If you don't, why create new food intolerances?
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    In my world Butter > Cream > Yoghurt > Milk. We let our kids have all of them, but only have butter and cream for ourselves.
    Hmmmm..... seems we live in the same reality. How nice!

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Precessed milk from sick cows is not the same thing as raw milk from healthy cows. Read Mark's recent dairy throw-down, it was prety good.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    Precessed milk from sick cows is not the same thing as raw milk from healthy cows. Read Mark's recent dairy throw-down, it was prety good.
    I read Mark's thing on dairy. To me, it sounded like he was backing off from what I perceived to be an anti-dairy stance.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Well, Primal always did include dairy. If anything, the article seemed to scootch us from "moderation" to "enjoy without guilt within reason" territory.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast