Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heart Racing

Heart Racing

Shop Now
    Hi. I eliminated all carbs about 4 days ago and now only eat meat, fat/saturated oils (coconut/red palm oil) and cooked veggies. I've been eating about 3 -4 tsps. of these oils everyday along with what is cooked in my foods ? Is this too much ? Am I going too quickly ? I started to develop a slight headache the 1st day or so and then I was dizzy. But yesterday my heart started to race a bit and near the evening it was worse at 91 and it didn't calm down all night. I could not therefore sleep. I also got sooo hot, and then the next minute I got soo cold. I felt very hyper.

I checked my blood pressure and blood sugar last night and they were within good range. My pulse was actually good before I went to bed but I woke up a couple hours after I fell asleep with my heart pounding and racing and sweating. This morning I checked the same vitals and they are within range .

Can someone please explain what is happening to me? Is this my liver or what ? Should I be concerned ?

Thankyou in advance!

I don't know why this is happening, but I just wanted to say that when I went low carb I experienced this as well. At night my heart would race and beat very hard and I couldn't sleep at all! I do not eat low carb anymore and I haven't had that problem since.

Wow.. thanks Lotus Berries. But carbs cause blood sugar problems, I don't understand. How long did you try it for ? I was hoping it was some kind of transition phase...

I think it might be your thyroid.

Adding more carbs in are good for that, as is iodine, selenium, and magnesium.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Some anxiety or panic disorder...

I don't have anxiety disorder but it seems the oils have brought it on.

Do you mean I might be hyper now ? I'm going to go check my basal temp ...

Quote Originally Posted by BluSkye View Post
    Is this too much ? Am I going too quickly ?
    Very possibly. What are your goals with zero carb? If it's just general health I'd try swapping your previous carb foods pound-for-pound with tubers and fruits for a week or two then adjusting the quantity if needed.
    37//6'3"/185

My peculiar nutrition glossary and shopping list

I checked my temp it is 98.2. I had a good thyroid before starting so I must have gone hyper. I have hot flashes, too. Perhaps this was a case of too much too soon, and my body is overwhelmed but in any case I will cut down on the oils for now and do this more slowly. Thanks Magicmerl.

Thanks Picklepete , sounds like a good idea, too. I guess I will have to play with this. I stopped carbs because of blood sugar problems, but maybe I can introduce a small amount back.

My practitioner suggested Magnesium was the problem .He is right ! It worked in minutes and my pulse is normal! I don't quite understand this, and if the oils/fats had anything to do with it but it worked!!!

Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by BluSkye View Post
    Wow.. thanks Lotus Berries. But carbs cause blood sugar problems, I don't understand. How long did you try it for ? I was hoping it was some kind of transition phase...
    I was low carb primal for about 1 year before I finally said enough. I lost around 60lbs, which was great, but after a while my weight started creeping back up again, I had no energy, and my sleep just plain sucked. Eating carbs made me feel great and the weight started coming off again. I don't worry about my blood sugar from natural carb sources, and I only eat once or twice a day so it's not like my blood sugar is constantly high.