Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heart Racing page

BluSkye is offline Junior Member

Heart Racing

Hi. I eliminated all carbs about 4 days ago and now only eat meat, fat/saturated oils (coconut/red palm oil) and cooked veggies. I've been eating about 3 -4 tsps. of these oils everyday along with what is cooked in my foods ? Is this too much ? Am I going too quickly ? I started to develop a slight headache the 1st day or so and then I was dizzy. But yesterday my heart started to race a bit and near the evening it was worse at 91 and it didn't calm down all night. I could not therefore sleep. I also got sooo hot, and then the next minute I got soo cold. I felt very hyper.

I checked my blood pressure and blood sugar last night and they were within good range. My pulse was actually good before I went to bed but I woke up a couple hours after I fell asleep with my heart pounding and racing and sweating. This morning I checked the same vitals and they are within range .

Can someone please explain what is happening to me? Is this my liver or what ? Should I be concerned ?

Thankyou in advance!

lotusberries is online now Senior Member
    I don't know why this is happening, but I just wanted to say that when I went low carb I experienced this as well. At night my heart would race and beat very hard and I couldn't sleep at all! I do not eat low carb anymore and I haven't had that problem since.

Wow.. thanks Lotus Berries. But carbs cause blood sugar problems, I don't understand. How long did you try it for ? I was hoping it was some kind of transition phase...

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    I think it might be your thyroid.

Adding more carbs in are good for that, as is iodine, selenium, and magnesium.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Some anxiety or panic disorder...

I don't have anxiety disorder but it seems the oils have brought it on.

Do you mean I might be hyper now ? I'm going to go check my basal temp ...

picklepete is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BluSkye View Post
    Is this too much ? Am I going too quickly ?
    Very possibly. What are your goals with zero carb? If it's just general health I'd try swapping your previous carb foods pound-for-pound with tubers and fruits for a week or two then adjusting the quantity if needed.
    35//6'3"/180

My peculiar nutrition glossary and shopping list

I checked my temp it is 98.2. I had a good thyroid before starting so I must have gone hyper. I have hot flashes, too. Perhaps this was a case of too much too soon, and my body is overwhelmed but in any case I will cut down on the oils for now and do this more slowly. Thanks Magicmerl.

Thanks Picklepete , sounds like a good idea, too. I guess I will have to play with this. I stopped carbs because of blood sugar problems, but maybe I can introduce a small amount back.

My practitioner suggested Magnesium was the problem .He is right ! It worked in minutes and my pulse is normal! I don't quite understand this, and if the oils/fats had anything to do with it but it worked!!!

lotusberries is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by BluSkye View Post
    Wow.. thanks Lotus Berries. But carbs cause blood sugar problems, I don't understand. How long did you try it for ? I was hoping it was some kind of transition phase...
    I was low carb primal for about 1 year before I finally said enough. I lost around 60lbs, which was great, but after a while my weight started creeping back up again, I had no energy, and my sleep just plain sucked. Eating carbs made me feel great and the weight started coming off again. I don't worry about my blood sugar from natural carb sources, and I only eat once or twice a day so it's not like my blood sugar is constantly high.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast