Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Auto Immune Protocol Support Needed page

banjosal is offline Member

Auto Immune Protocol Support Needed

Primal Fuel
    Looking for folks who have used a strict AIP to deal with serious health issues. I am not sure whether I have cancer or an auto immune disorder or what, the story is evolving currently as we continue to test, but I'm neutropenic and declining so I have to be aggressive. Someone mentioned the AIP to me in another thread, and after some initial research it seems like the best option for me right now. I'm nervous about it because I only have access to mostly conventional meat and very limited organic veggies, but my other options are not too appealing so I'll give this a try. I will also be going on an intense 30 day immune boosting supplement protocol alongside the AIP. I'd love to hear from folks who have done this, especially with serious illness.

Grizz is offline Banned
    I have done extensive research on Autoimmune Disease, and there are several dietary solutions that work to reverse & even put these diseases into remission.

All autoimmune disease have several things in common
    * Vitamin D3 deficiency degrades the immune system. Most folks need 10,000 IU D3 Geltabs.to correct for sickly low D3 blood levels or else a lot of direct sunshine.
    * Severe Iodine Deficiency - Every cell in our body requires iodine for our immune system. There is a Nationwide Iodine Deficiency, see the book, "The Iodine Crises"
    * Severely Acidic Bodies from Junk Foods are a breeding ground for disease
    * All Wheat products can cause leaking intestines that drives our immune systems wild
    Autoimmune Disease & Wheat - Gliadin: The Universal Human Poison
    Gliadin: The Universal Human Poison | Wheat Belly Blog
    * Root Canals are a major source of Autoimmune Disease, per Dr Huggins
    * The Autoimmune Diet * Autoimmune Diet Part 2
    Correcting these problems can make all autoimmune diseases go into remission. See this document & testimonials for Lupus, parkinsons & Multiple Sclerosis for more.

For the links see "Autoimmune Disease" here:
    http://tinyurl.com/Iodine-Reading

Basically people are starving to death on very poor diets, and missing the nutrients provided by Seafoods, fresh fruits & veggies, and missing vital minerals such as iodine & selenium. See this heart warming video for a good example of how proper diet can "Cure" the incurable disease of Multiple Sclerosis:
    Minding Your Mitochondria: Dr. Terry Wahls at TEDxIowaCity - YouTube

Notice that her diet includes vital iodine whch is required by every cell in the human body. Also see these links for how to raise the Body pH. A low Urine pH below 6 indicates the body is a breeding grounds for disease, cancer & Autoimmune Disease:
    http://tinyurl.com/Iodine-PH-Levels
    12 steps to correct Low Body pH:
    Top 12 Ways to Make your Body More Alkaline | Icon Performance Online v3
    Notice these 12 steps confirm Dr. Terry Wahls MS Diet.

Drink only distilled or mineral water to avoid the toxins of fluoride & other chemicals found in city water & in ground water.

See my links below for more on iodine and other nutrients which is vital for an optimal immune system & optimal health,

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 12-21-2013 at 07:49 AM.

Hope.Thanks! Iodine is tricky for me because ai may have a hyperthyroid-waiting on the tests. I'm skeptical of the vitamin D thing; I read conflicting stuff and need to study more closely. However, I'm assuming D is part of the lrescription protocol I will be on, so I will take it. I suspect that I have a leaky gut and so I'm not absorbing my nutrients-even though my diet is rich in good stuff and has little bad, if I can't get the nutrition I can't get well. That's where the gut-healing diet and supplements come in, I hope.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by banjosal View Post
    Hope.Thanks! Iodine is tricky for me because ai may have a hyperthyroid-waiting on the tests. I'm skeptical of the vitamin D thing; I read conflicting stuff and need to study more closely. However, I'm assuming D is part of the lrescription protocol I will be on, so I will take it. I suspect that I have a leaky gut and so I'm not absorbing my nutrients-even though my diet is rich in good stuff and has little bad, if I can't get the nutrition I can't get well. That's where the gut-healing diet and supplements come in, I hope.
    Banjosal,

There is conflicting information on the internet for nearly everything. We must be VERY careful about our sources of information. I screen everything I use through prominent doctors.

All thyroid problems are caused by iodine deficiency and cured by iodine supplements. However there are surprising reasons why we are iodine deficient. There are several chemicals that appear to be iodine that overwhelm our our body to displace iodine from our cells. They are Bromide found in bread, furniture, carpeting, soda pop, & other foods, Fluoride found in foods & water, and Chlorine used as insecticides for our foods. When we start taking iodine with required co-supplements, these toxins are forced into our bloodstream & we get Detox Symptoms. Hyperthyroid & related Hashimotos are special cases which require taking selenium first before taking iodine. Iodine & Selenium are corequisites where one without the other causes thyroid problems.

Study my links on Hyperthyroid + Hashimoto written by leading doctors here:
    http://tinyurl.com/Iodine-Reading

Trust me, Vitamin D3 Geltabs are required for optimal health if you don't get plenty of direct sunlight. D3 is a required hormone, not a vitamin at all. Here are 2 VERY important links to read:
    Epidemic of Vitamin D deficiency sweeping the world
    Vitamin D optimization thoughts
    At home Vitamin D3 Blood Testing"
    Testing for vitamin D | Vitamin D Council

More on Vitamin D3:
    http://tinyurl.com/Vitamin-D-Report

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 12-21-2013 at 08:54 AM.

I'll have to see what the doc says. There is some recent research linking d supplements with free calcium and cardio/vasc issues, so I'm wary. I tried a food-based iodine supplement and my thyroid felt like it was swelling, so I stopped. I do eat iodine rich foods and I avoid chemicals as much as ppssible (I'm terribly sensitive to chlorine and bromine, and I carry a Berkey for water on the road). Doesn't distilled water cause acidity?

Urban Forager is offline Senior Member
    I would advise against supplementing with iodine unless you are absolutely sure you do NOT have autoimmune hypothyroid (Hashimoto's). Have you had your Vitamin D level checked? It's true most people are low and if you have a leaky gut it's very likely you need to supplement with Vitamin D.

AIP couldn't hurt as long as you make sure you get enough carbs (fruit and sweet potatoes) and plenty of bone broth. If you can't get pastured meat then you want to stick to lean cuts and you can add additional gelatin to compensate.

Great Lakes Gelatin, Collagen Hydrolysate (Kosher) 16-Ounce: Amazon.com: Grocery & Gourmet Food
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Grizz is offline Banned
    I'll have to see what the doc says. There is some recent research linking d supplements with free calcium and cardio/vasc issues, so I'm wary. I tried a food-based iodine supplement and my thyroid felt like it was swelling, so I stopped. I do eat iodine rich foods and I avoid chemicals as much as ppssible (I'm terribly sensitive to chlorine and bromine, and I carry a Berkey for water on the road). Doesn't distilled water cause acidity?
    Being sensitive to chlorine & bromine means you are severely iodine deficient. Here is why:
    Iodine deficiencies & dosages

If you are in doubt, do the Iodine Loading test to see how deficient you are:
    http://www.hakalalabs.com/testing.html

Most Americans are severely deficient. See the book, the Iodine Crises:
    http://www.amazon.com/The-Iodine-Cri...+iodine+crises

No. Distilled water is extremely healthy.
    Distilled Water Report from multiple doctors:
    24 Doctors Report Distilled Water is very Healthy at Distilled Water Support Forum, message 2000592

Be VERY careful of what you read on the Internet. The net is loaded with lies & distortions. We use this distiller:
    Amazon.com: Water Distiller, Countertop, White Enamel, Glass Collection: Health & Personal Care
    You should see ( and smell ) what is left behind in our distiller. Yeech!

Also, only a distiller or a Reverse Osmosis Filter will remove Fluoride. If your filter is not RO, you are still drinking Fluoride. Big Berkey only reduces Fluoride, does not eliminate it.
    http://www.directive21.com/faq/

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 12-21-2013 at 10:12 AM.

With due reapect Grizz, everything you just posted is on the net. Along with medline, greenmedinfo, amd a whole host of carefully researched studeis. Distilled water is a serious scavenger, depleting minerals and absorbing CO2. It may be good foe some things, but I don't think it is good for regular drinking. Just my interpretation of what I've read.

Berkey has a fluorosilic acid filter. It's not perfect, but it's pretty good. RO water is good, but it requires mineral supplementation.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    With due reapect Grizz, everything you just posted is on the net. Along with medline, greenmedinfo, amd a whole host of carefully researched studeis. Distilled water is a serious scavenger, depleting minerals and absorbing CO2. It may be good foe some things, but I don't think it is good for regular drinking. Just my interpretation of what I've read.
    To each their own. If you don't like Distilled Water, then you can add your own minerals to it. Mineral additives are avaiable for Distilled Water. Our Distiller is doing great for us. Also you are correct - Berkey is not perfect and less than perfect is not good enough. You don't want ANY fluoride attacking your thyroid. IMO, you are better off with bottled mineral water or distilled water.

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 12-21-2013 at 10:27 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast