Thread: Fairway meats!! page

rphlslv is offline Senior Member

Fairway meats!!

Primal Fuel
    So I found a Fairway nearby, much closer than Whole Foods, and I would love to shop there from now on... but I am wondering how good their meats are? I'm not looking for grass-fed or anything, just 'clean' meats, no hormones and antibiotics etc.

I love their selection of products like coconut milk, dark chocolate, avocados, sweet potatoes, CHEEEESE, so reasonably priced...
    .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    Fairway totally rocks, but in my experience their meat is mostly conventional. Check the kosher section for buffalo though, and good chickens. Wonderful great supermarket. Go upstairs for pastured butter etc.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    Fairway totally rocks, but in my experience their meat is mostly conventional. Check the kosher section for buffalo though, and good chickens. Wonderful great supermarket. Go upstairs for pastured butter etc.
    They have some wild caught fish, octopus, scallops for good price, so that's a plus at least. I'm going to give them a try, the main problem is finding quality eggs. The one I'm talking about is at Pelham Manor by the way.

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    Best eggs I've found are in the Union Square farmer's market, though my local store has some "Amish" eggs that look and taste pretty great. Best fish market I've seen in the city, I'm sure a lot of the chefs go there, is on 9th ave and 40th st almost right under the Port Authority bus station. Don't recall if it has a specific name or not. Amazing fish, amazing selection, great prices.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    Best eggs I've found are in the Union Square farmer's market, though my local store has some "Amish" eggs that look and taste pretty great. Best fish market I've seen in the city, I'm sure a lot of the chefs go there, is on 9th ave and 40th st almost right under the Port Authority bus station. Don't recall if it has a specific name or not. Amazing fish, amazing selection, great prices.
    Union Square is usually where I buy grass fed beef and eggs (both from WF and the market) but I live really far, and on a weekly basis is just very hard to keep going there.

Anyways I emailed fairway, so now I'm waiting...