Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Huge cholesterol increase on paleo page 6

Karyn S is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Thank you for these - will check to see if there is someone within reasonable driving distance.

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    Conversations like these make me think I must be lucky. Maybe I should go back to 100% SAD for a month and see if ANYTHING affects my trigs.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    Conversations like these make me think I must be lucky. Maybe I should go back to 100% SAD for a month and see if ANYTHING affects my trigs.
    NO NO - don't do it. You are doing something so right if your trigs are good. I'm still sorting things out - the only thing I know is that eggs trigger my trigs and fruit triggers glucose. Glucose is not too high but eating fruit for a month did make it go up some. That's after banning all refined sugar from my diet. So there went 1/2 of what I could eat.

Oh, I was kidding. I'll never eat that junk on a regular basis again. Even when I lived on fast food and candy my HDL was 50. Trigs were a little higher, though, so Primal definitely improved that! They just weren't crazy high, so I don't know what to think.

Turquoisepassion:
    notontherug:

Oh, I was kidding. I'll never eat that junk on a regular basis again.
    And mine were crazy high and I don't eat junk - EVER! Go figure.

Bump for MOAR help.

Turquoisepassion:
    notontherug:

not on the rug is online now Senior Member
    Bump for MOAR help.
    good bump knifey. I don't remember ever seeing this thread before
    I have a lot of hard miles on my body from before I realized I'm not 100% invulnerable. Now I just think I'm 75% invulnerable. -Mr. Anthony

Give me a spouse/life-partner who I don't want to punch in the throat when she talks. -Canio6

glorth2 is offline Senior Member
    Wow.

gdot is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Karyn S View Post
    I have proven twice that for me, eggs raise my trigs. So I am off eggs for 3 months to see if that number goes down.
    Perhaps not - the first time at least you were eating eggs with potatoes. Neither of which are 'bad' for you. But for many people starchy carbs in conjunction with fats are a sure way to raise those triglyceride numbers through the roof.

I have a huge family and personal history in this regard. In my experience the best thing you can do for your circulatory system is to get your body weight under control. Studies have shown that whatever method you use, low carb, low fat, or Mediterranean the overall effect on the cardiovascular system is the same. And it is related to the reduction of fats stored in your body.

I also find that I can keep my numbers in good relationship to each other by using either the low carb or low fat method. But not with a balanced method. I believe this is true for a great many people. For me the low carb method is just WAY easier to live with.

And again - while you are losing your tris may go up - all of that fat stored in your body is now being released into your system for use - this is a good thing!

gdot is offline Senior Member
    Oh, and I believe the types of fat you consume may be particularly important in your case.

Eliminate all seed oils that are not still packaged in their original storage device (the seed) except olive oil and only use it unheated. Eat plenty of Saturated Fats, Cook only with Saturated Fats, and get your Omega 3 levels up as well. (I see you won't eat fish - so in the short term you might consider fish oil supplements if you cannot afford grass fed beef.

Limit your carbs to no more than 80-100 grams a day (plus exercise requirements) until your body fat is down to a reasonable proportion to your lean mass.

At that point your metabolism may well be able to accommodate more carbs.

As for the test numbers - it's about proportions - not totals. Any doctor that can't talk proportional relationships to you should be abandoned immediately.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast