Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When will this stop? page

sbhikes is offline Senior Member

When will this stop?

Shop Now
    Please excuse my terrible illustration ability, but I think you will understand.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    do you mean the waist, thighs and calves are too big for the pants which fit around the ass? i have noticed of recent clothes are getting wierder cuts. i think people are changing into less "athletic" builds maybe? i've not tried any of the bold curve levis so i cant say there but one of the issues i have is the legs are usually too short unless they come in different lengths. the rest of the time i muddle thru or wear a belt. i've never had a problem with thighs on things. calves occasionally i have issues but that is only on things like those extreme skinny levis with the zips up the ankles.

MudLily is offline Senior Member
    Pants that are too tight in the thighs and too loose in the waist? When pigs fly, I guess. This is why we have tailors. Or sewing machines, for those with skillz.

Kegas76 is offline Senior Member
    Find a seamstress to make your clothing. I imagine in SoCal many nice little Mexican ladies that could do this at a reasonable price.

Heliotrope is offline Member
    Talbots "curvy fit" pants work for me.

Yes, can't fit my legs in pants, and the waist is still too big.

edennperez1 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Yes, can't fit my legs in pants, and the waist is still too big.
    Agreed. Once I find pants to fit my thighs, the waist looks hilarious. Cinched belt. Sexy? I think not. LOL!

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    low waisted jeans help stop the gap in the waist too as they are missing the bit where i go in the most. the jeans i wear with a cinched belt are things like the button fly levis that are too big for me anyways. boyfriend jeans.

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Welcome to the club. Try Wranglers, Miss Me or Loft. They give you a bit of room in the thighs while not being too hude in the waist. They will still be snug in the thighs.
    Don't bother with pants from Target or Old Navy. To fit my legs in pants at Target.... size 17 and you could get 2 of me in the waist.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Yeah, I just found some jeans, men's size 33. The legs fit perfectly. And these are loose cut jeans, not skinny jeans. I think I can sew a couple inches of darts in the back of the waist. Gotta have size 33 loose-cut jeans with a size 29 waist if I want them to fit, and I don't even have a thin waist. I practically don't have a waist at all. I can only imagine what the wasp-waisted girls have to do.

I guess what is bugging me is that this trend of the tiny legs and the huge waist has been going on for what, a decade or more? How much more of this?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast