Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Seriously; get rid of added oils and fat!!! page

Gorbag is offline Senior Member

Seriously; get rid of added oils and fat!!!

Primal Fuel
    Alright, here comes the tip of the day for all of you primal kids that has stalled in your efforts and can’t lose more weight; - stop using oils and added fat in your cooking!!! Yep you may have heard it before, and I know that I am kind of swearing in the primal church congregation by repeating it, but if you really want to get rid of that stubborn fat on upper thighs, butts and lower abs, then the added dietary fat must go! Remember that only 4 tablespoons of olive or coconut oil per day ads up to almost one pound of stored body fat per week and it gives little back in satiety or essential nutrition (unless you are concentration camp lean!). So learn how to cook your food without any oils at all, foods such as scrambled eggs can perfectly be made in some water just add salt and herbs when finished and it becomes delicious. And when cleaning up dietary habits make sure to get rid of that goddamn awful bullet-proof coffee as well, just saying!

But this is just an advice guys, everybody can still do whatever f$#k they wanna do, if you still want added oils and bulletproof coffee just do what you are doing, and keep on searching for reasons why you can’t lose those last pounds of stubborn body fat…
    Last edited by Gorbag; 12-19-2013 at 08:41 AM.

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    I need more fat for brain function. When I don't get it, I'm a bitch. A weepy, irritable bitch.

Your body is not my body, and my body is not someone else's body. We're all different.

So, while I agree that getting rid of fat seems to work well for you and probably a lot of other people, and that more people should consider just how many calories they're consuming in fat (as well as other macros), it's not The Ultimate Key to Health and a Bikini Body for everyone. Sometimes it's a bit more complicated than that.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    Yep you may have heard it before, and I know that I am kind of swearing in the primal church congregation by repeating it, but if you really want to get rid of that stubborn fat on upper thighs, butts and lower abs, then the added dietary fat must go!
    oh, so butter makes saddlebags and love handles?

Remember that only 4 tablespoons of olive or coconut oil per day ads up to almost one pound of stored body fat per week
    of course, that's exactly how it works. cico. why didn't anybody else think of that.

didn't that thread from a few days ago go on long enough for you?
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    also, scrambled eggs in water? bleck. at least poach the damn things.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    I'm in agreement for me, and have been for most of a year. I use a teaspoon or a half tablespoon of coconut oil in my coffee (1-3 cups per day) and if I have to saute something that doesn't have it's own fat, generally just getting the pan shiny by smearing a bit of oil/fat on with a paper towel.

Even with that, I still get 40-50% of my calories from fat because most healthy meats come with their own fat and I eat lots of meat. Also a moderate amount of eggs.

I think if I ate 4 tablespoons of coconut oil per day, I'd spend a lot of time in the loo.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post
    I need more fat for brain function. When I don't get it, I'm a bitch. A weepy, irritable bitch.
    My brain run on glucose RitaRose, so your brain seem to be different from mine...

Quote Originally Posted by noodletoy View Post
    also, scrambled eggs in water? bleck. at least poach the damn things.
    Just a little water and add salt and oregano when finishing...

paint94979 is offline Senior Member
    Ahh interesting rant... While I agree that 1 tbsp of butter in your coffee or 2 tbsp of butter in your eggs is ridiculous I find it hard to believe the .25 tbsp in my eggs and .5 tbsp on my sweet potato is doing me harm. Everything in moderation

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    I think it's a do-able process if that's what a person wants or feels it is relevant.

In my own analysis of why people seem to stall out has nothing to do with added fat (i.e., cooking your eggs in butter; putting some Udo's on the salad) but really with the process of primal treats or making primal/paleo substitutes for things: cookies, breads, etc. Or, even just eating an abundance of nuts in general.

In my own process, I'm consuming raw or juiced veg (green juice in the morning, big salad in the evening). I usually don't have a snack, just two meals. My snack will usually be a piece of fruit (by itself!). And I have eggs once a day, meat once a day. Sometimes I just have one or the other. And some days, I have all raw veggie/fruit days (these are rare), and even more rare are water-only days.

My diet is aligning along a high-fat diet, but sitting around 35-45%, with protein and carbs taking up the rest. So, it is high-fat, but not what others are doing.

And, taking the Udo's is good for balancing those EFAs.

Also juicing wheatgrass is fun.

not on the rug is offline Senior Member
    I think there is something to be said for what uncle gorby is trying to say here. before this turns in to a cico war, I think that readdressing caloric intake is something that anyone who is stalling in their weightloss efforts should do. weightloss might not be 100% about cico, but no matter how broken or deranged you are, calories still matter. you guys can fight it out about what percentage they matter. I don't care. excess fat is calorically dense and nutritionally devoid. so perhaps reeling in the fat intake a little bit could help people bust through plateaus or lose those last 5-10 vanity lbs just in time for bikini season.
    I have a lot of hard miles on my body from before I realized I'm not 100% invulnerable. Now I just think I'm 75% invulnerable. -Mr. Anthony

Give me a spouse/life-partner who I don't want to punch in the throat when she talks. -Canio6

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast