Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Seriously; get rid of added oils and fat!!! page 9

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member

Seriously; get rid of added oils and fat!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cmjg7517 View Post
    I've seen photos of you, and I think I'd listen to advice given from a handful of other guys on this forum before I'd listen to yours---Mr. Anthony and Knifegill come to mind specifically.

I'm not drowning in olive oil or butter, but cooking eggs in WATER when I have ghee in the house? Nope. Thanks for the unsolicited advice though.
    Wtf. Gorbag looks good. Unnecessarily mean response to someone who was trying to help.

And how are you looking then?

-------------------
    Shit people on this forum... Gorbag wasn't trying to be mean. He was only offering some things to try out if one stalls in weight! If you feel like he is personally attacking you then you are paranoid.

If you are looking like Mr. A while chugging the fats or if you are steadily losing weight he isn't addressing you. Go EAT MOAR BACON.

Lighten up. So many personal attacks lately.
    Last edited by turquoisepassion; 12-20-2013 at 08:43 AM.
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Scott F is offline Senior Member
    If I want to drop more weight (could drop 10-15lbs) I don't need to drop down on the fats intake....I have to drop the wine/alcohol.
    Would I be putting a grain-feed cow on a fad diet if I took it out of the feedlot and put it on pasture eating the grass nature intended?

Jefferson1775 is online now Senior Member
    I disagree with most of Gorbag's advice in the fitness section, but there's nothing wrong with his post here. His suggestion would probably help for someone trying to lose those last few lb of body fat. He wasn't trying to insult anyone.
    In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock.

This message has been intercepted by the NSA, the only branch of government that listens.

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    It's not about getting rid of fats. It's about getting rid of empty calories. Fats and oils are useless calories. Same thing goes with refined sugar. Eating tablespoons of coconut oil isn't much smarter than eating tablespoons of white sugar. It's lots of calories, little nutrition.

A 54oz jar of coconut oil easily lasts a year for a single person. If you're going through a jar every few months cooking for only yourself, you should reevaluate your diet if weight needs to be lost.

I will not cook my scrambled eggs in water. However, 1/2 teaspoon of virgin coconut oil is enough to cook a perfect omelet in a cast iron pan. That should be on everyone's list - GET A GOOD CAST IRON PAN. I recommend Lodge brand. A good cast iron pan makes cooking without adding lots of fat simple. I bake/broil/roast most of my meats, outside of a good seared steak, so I do very little frying and sauteing. I recommend that for everyone.

I'm fat though so my opinion doesn't count
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jefferson1775 View Post
    I disagree with most of Gorbag's advice in the fitness section, but there's nothing wrong with his post here. His suggestion would probably help for someone trying to lose those last few lb of body fat. He wasn't trying to insult anyone.
    Yeah, I am sure that you very much disagree about my choice of shorts and doing dumbbell curls in the squat rack!

And to everybody else that feel that I have insulted them by my post, just continue to do whatever you are doing or take your dietary advice from this guy instead;

Rojo is offline Senior Member
    Seems like the no-fat folks are ecto-morphic males.

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rojo View Post
    Seems like the no-fat folks are ecto-morphic males.
    I am not a male.

It isn't no-fat. It is low-ER fat.
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

edennperez1 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    What I'd like to know is WHO is this thread targeted at anyway, and isn't it a bit chickensh-t to attack someone in such a passive-aggressive way?
    Actually, as much as it pains me to say, I think this thread could be directed to me! ;-) I've been primal for about 3 months (not that long, I know) and I was adding fats to things. While I feel better in general, I was recently wondering why my breasts might be getting bigger. I swear, I think the fat is making me fat(ter)! LOL! Usually when I've "dieted" I lose weight in my chest first. This WOE is having the opposite effect. So I think I'll drop the extra fat (bulletproof coffee, por ejemplo) and see what my body does. I was already considering it and then I saw this post and thought I should definitely work on this. We'll see...

Quote Originally Posted by turquoisepassion View Post
    I am not a male.

It isn't no-fat. It is low-ER fat.
    it's actually temporarily lowering fat to break through a plateau. so even more tame than all of the drama queens are making it out to be.

Jefferson1775 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    Yeah, I am sure that you very much disagree about my choice of shorts and doing dumbbell curls in the squat rack!
    It just seems counterproductive to curl in the squat rack .

In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock.

This message has been intercepted by the NSA, the only branch of government that listens.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast