Thread: Hang in there - your patience will be rewarded page

mikesic is offline Junior Member

Hang in there - your patience will be rewarded

Hello All,

This message is really for those people who have been hoping for better progress despite being 100% primal. I have been stuck at a 188 lbs for close to 6 months despite being pretty strict primally. My fustration was growing but I stuck with it and made one slight change 2 weeks ago - I added 2 IFs of 24 hours a piece spaced about 4 days apart. Results, in 2 weeks dropped 5 pounds, lost an inch off my waist.

So to everyone who has had there doubts - hang in there your patience will be rewarded.

Miks

AnneArchy is offline Senior Member
    I Was hoping you'd say something other than IF's made a significant change. I can skip a meal here and there but the 24 hour thing is hard .

PrincessGrok is offline Senior Member
    I find that I end up doing mini fasts ALOT. I get busy doing other things, and really, FORGET TO EAT! I am just never ready to eat drywall anymore. When I sleep at night there is an easy 8 hour fast right there, I get up and have coffee, and get to working on emails, or being here on MDA, and other sites, take a few calls, run my errands and then I realize CRAP! it's 16 hours and I have not had anything to eat! If I am hungry I eat, but if not really, I have an ICE COLD glass of sparkling water, and eat a tablespoon of coconut oil and I can easily go a few more hours before a feed. when I do this ( about twice a week regularly) I can enjoy wine in the evening, and I am Losing fat effortlessly. Then I have a few hungry days and I eat strictly primal, lots of fat, some fruit here and there, and lots of salad. I don't hold back. It's working. It's like that fast is a reset switch and constantly screws with your body's adaptation response, and keeps it shocked and confused. I love IF's !

dacec is offline Senior Member
    So coffee with heavy cream and a little raw sugar breaks the fast right?

I can eat dinner early, sleep from 9-5:45 then not eat until 8:30 no problem, but I do have a cup of coffee at 6 & 7 am. Wish I could skip it but I just don't want to badly enough!

PrincessGrok is offline Senior Member
    I really dont worry about coffee breaking my fast. The amount of cream is very little, and I consider sitting down to a full meal ending the fast. At least In my opinion anyway. Others may think otherwise, but I think it's a matter of finding out what works for you. I can't survive without coffee in the morning, Sadly.

dacec is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessGrok View Post
    I really dont worry about coffee breaking my fast. The amount of cream is very little, and I consider sitting down to a full meal ending the fast. At least In my opinion anyway. Others may think otherwise, but I think it's a matter of finding out what works for you. I can't survive without coffee in the morning, Sadly.
    Yeah, but I have a little sugar too I wish I could get past that but I wake so early to make lunches for my kids, it really is my indulgent reward!

lmyers04 is offline Senior Member
    [QUOTE=dacec;136607]So coffee with heavy cream and a little raw sugar breaks the fast right?

QUOTE]

sadly it does. calories and sugar means no fast. i just do black coffee during my IFS, which are very similar to yours. dinner at 8, then nothing until dinner the next day.

mikesic is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AnneArchy View Post
    I Was hoping you'd say something other than IF's made a significant change. I can skip a meal here and there but the 24 hour thing is hard .
    It's not as hard as you think. I usually have a high fat dinner and then don't eat until the following dinner. The key is to keep yourself busy and even a workout mid day if possible will stave off hunger for me. Another thing that I have heard that works for people is to eat more radomly versus normal meal times. It helps spread out meals and you will eat less.

m e g a n foxy is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    mikesic, did you have a calorie deficit as well on days you didn't IF? Or did you eat a little more?