Thread: Cheat Day Gone Wrong page

JimenyKrickets is offline Senior Member

Cheat Day Gone Wrong

I had an interesting day yesterday. I have been eating and exercising primal for the last few months (VLC for a year prior) and have been feeling better than I have my entire life...

Enter xmas party season.

Yesterday, I decided to throw down at my office party to see what would happen. Goulash, bread pudding, processed cheese soup and four 'Merican beers went down the gullet.

Later yesterday evening, I felt like I was falling apart. I had a massive stress headache, stomach cramps, lower back ache, and every joint in my body ached to the point I had thoughts of jacking my grandma's Hoverround.

The joint pain was quite intense. My toes, ankles, knees, hips, knuckes... nothing wanted to move.

It was quite a suprising trip considering how strong and athletic I have been feeling latey. I am really curious as to why I had such an intense reaction, as I have eaten this way in my former life but never felt that bad before.

Maybe I am just getting used to feeling good.

WeldingHank is offline Senior Member
    You did feel like that before, but you had gotten used to it.

ryanmercer is offline Senior Member
    Wait wait wait

Office Christmas Party... shiiiiiiiit we don't even get Christmas off if it's a weekday.

Wait wait wait

beer, at a company event? shiiiiiiit our manual says we can't even drink 12 hours prior to coming to work and I've a desk job doing paperwork all day heh.
    -Ryan Mercer my blog and Genco Peptides my small biz

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Likely it is gluten intolerance. If I were to accidentally eat the equivalent of a slice of bread, I would feel exactly as you did, like a 95 year old in bad shape for 95.

The issue is that once you are clean, your body gets used to being clean, rather than marginal at all times, and so you react much more severely to something you thought wasn't bothering you before.

JimenyKrickets is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    Likely it is gluten intolerance. If I were to accidentally eat the equivalent of a slice of bread, I would feel exactly as you did, like a 95 year old in bad shape for 95.

The issue is that once you are clean, your body gets used to being clean, rather than marginal at all times, and so you react much more severely to something you thought wasn't bothering you before.
    I was assuming the same thing. I am glad my reaction was that extreme as the memory of last night is going to keep me on track going forward.
    Last edited by JimenyKrickets; 12-18-2013 at 12:44 PM.