Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Check out my MEAT... Loaf that is! Come Share Your Recipes page

GiGiEats is offline Senior Member

Check out my MEAT... Loaf that is! Come Share Your Recipes

Shop Now
    Created this scrumptious recipe, seriously delicious - And I won't lie to you, I LOVE IT IN MUFFIN form! Mini Meatloaf muffins anyone?!?!

Check Out My Meat... Loaf That Is! - GiGi Eats Celebrities

What's included in your meatloaf recipe? I feel like you could do a kitchen sink meatloaf recipe, yeah?! Hope you enjoy!

Leida is offline Senior Member
    I was watching cooks county another day, and one thing they advised is to bake the meatloaf without the pan, as the meatloaf then won't be sitting in its juices. I am going to try it the next time I make one. (Just shape the loaf like bread and bake that way on a roasting pan).

I make my all-purpose mix for any meat 'doughs' with aboout 4-5 lbs of mixed ground meats, 4 dry shitake mushrooms ground with a spice mix of peppers, cumin, coriander, fenugreek and fennel seeds, about a cup and a half of baked sweet potato, turnip, plantain or other starchy vegetable zooped in Magic Bullet with 2 eggs and half an onion and a few cloves of garlic.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    I was watching cooks county another day, and one thing they advised is to bake the meatloaf without the pan, as the meatloaf then won't be sitting in its juices. I am going to try it the next time I make one. (Just shape the loaf like bread and bake that way on a roasting pan).
    That works really well.

I just make "anything" meatloaf. IOW, I use anything that's in the fridge. The basic is ground meat - I like a leaner ground meat in general. An egg or two. Then I mix in some spices, and whatever I've found in the fridge that looks good. That should do it, but if it seems too gooey, I'll add a tablespoon or two (one is usually enough) of gluten free AP flour. Make the football/bread shaped thingy on parchment paper in the bottom part of my broiler pan. A one pound meatloaf (I live alone) takes between 35 and 50 minutes.

One that I like and will actually go out of my way for the ingredients is with ground lamb as the meat. I put some cubed feta cheese in it and some tomatoes. Curry powder and sometimes cinnamon. When it's cooked, I pour some yogurt over it, turn off the oven and let it sit in there for another little bit 'til the yogurt is hot.

ETA: I used to think ground turkey was too dry for much of anything, but if you play with it a bit and add things like canned tomato, it can make good muffins or loaves.
    Last edited by JoanieL; 12-18-2013 at 09:09 AM.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

We're men, Gus; the world is our toilet.

I make my all-purpose mix for any meat 'doughs' with aboout 4-5 lbs of mixed ground meats, 4 dry shitake mushrooms ground with a spice mix of peppers, cumin, coriander, fenugreek and fennel seeds, about a cup and a half of baked sweet potato, turnip, plantain or other starchy vegetable zooped in Magic Bullet with 2 eggs and half an onion and a few cloves of garlic.
    I definitely noticed my loaves sitting in their own juice, however, I sort of like that - makes them not so dry I will certainly try mixing in some sweet potato or butternut squash next go around! Thanks for the idea!

Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    That works really well.

I just make "anything" meatloaf. IOW, I use anything that's in the fridge. The basic is ground meat - I like a leaner ground meat in general. An egg or two. Then I mix in some spices, and whatever I've found in the fridge that looks good. That should do it, but if it seems too gooey, I'll add a tablespoon or two (one is usually enough) of gluten free AP flour. Make the football/bread shaped thingy on parchment paper in the bottom part of my broiler pan. A one pound meatloaf (I live alone) takes between 35 and 50 minutes.

One that I like and will actually go out of my way for the ingredients is with ground lamb as the meat. I put some cubed feta cheese in it and some tomatoes. Curry powder and sometimes cinnamon. When it's cooked, I pour some yogurt over it, turn off the oven and let it sit in there for another little bit 'til the yogurt is hot.

ETA: I used to think ground turkey was too dry for much of anything, but if you play with it a bit and add things like canned tomato, it can make good muffins or loaves.
    Exactly, I initially thought lean ground turkey was going to be bland and boring, but it didn't disappoint one bit, you just have to season it right! And I certainly need to make some meatloaf tonight as I have lots of left overs I need to use up! ha ha! I swear, it's like a "garbage disposal" meal!

Leida is offline Senior Member
    One that I like and will actually go out of my way for the ingredients is with ground lamb as the meat.
    +1000 gr beef, pork and lamb is a great mix. I don't mind mixing turkey with beef.

I make mini cabbage rolls (steam cabbage leaves and cut them in triangles wherever they break to make spring-roll-sized rolls) with ground turkey w sesame oil, ginger, rasins and grated carrot. V. good with turkey.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

+1000 gr beef, pork and lamb is a great mix. I don't mind mixing turkey with beef.

I make mini cabbage rolls (steam cabbage leaves and cut them in triangles wherever they break to make spring-roll-sized rolls) with ground turkey w sesame oil, ginger, rasins and grated carrot. V. good with turkey.
    I have ALWAYS wanted to do cabbage rolls! That's on my to-do list

sigzephyr is offline Senior Member

OOO yes! Caramelized onions, THE BEST

Liquid Gusto is offline Senior Member
    I once made a meat roll recipe that was amazing. I made the meatloaf as normal, laid it out on a pan and flattened it into a sheet, put in freezer to let it stiffen a bit, took it out and sprinkled it with blanched spinach and cheese, rolled it up, cooked, then covered in tomato sauce.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast