Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Check out my MEAT... Loaf that is! Come Share Your Recipes page 2

lemontwisst is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquid Gusto View Post
    I once made a meat roll recipe that was amazing. I made the meatloaf as normal, laid it out on a pan and flattened it into a sheet, put in freezer to let it stiffen a bit, took it out and sprinkled it with blanched spinach and cheese, rolled it up, cooked, then covered in tomato sauce.
    Whoa - gonna go do this right now with some ground chicken...thanks!

Liquid Gusto is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lemontwisst View Post
    No problem! Enjoy it for me because I can't have dairy anymore. I believe during the flattening stage, I may have laid it out on parchment or waxed paper so I could lift the end to assist in getting the meat to roll evenly without falling apart

lemontwisst is online now Senior Member
    No problem! Enjoy it for me because I can't have dairy anymore. I believe during the flattening stage, I may have laid it out on parchment or waxed paper so I could lift the end to assist in getting the meat to roll evenly without falling apart
    No dairy here either, mister's allergic. I pan fried some onions and garlic and tossed 'em in as well as the spinach. I used the parchment trick too, but should have used a bigger pan to spread the meat out on as it turned out pretty thick and not the easiest to roll. Oh well, it only has to be tasty and good for me, not look incredible

Markbt is offline Senior Member
    I once made a meat roll recipe that was amazing. I made the meatloaf as normal, laid it out on a pan and flattened it into a sheet, put in freezer to let it stiffen a bit, took it out and sprinkled it with blanched spinach and cheese, rolled it up, cooked, then covered in tomato sauce.

This is very similar to Tim Ferriss' recipe in the Four Hour Chef. His is the recipe I use and it is awesome. I am at work so I don't have the details in front of me, but basically you put mushroom and onion in the food processor and mix that into 2 pounds of fatty meat along with egg, spices, etc. Make a flat sheet, put spinach and goat cheese inside and roll it up. Put it on a flat pan and spread tomato paste on top and add some rosemary. Then bake it at some temperature and time I don't remember off the top of my head.

amaturechef is offline Junior Member
    Mix a half and half mixture of ground beef and pork sausage, add onions, eggs, garlic and a double handful of fresh chopped spinach.

GiGiEats is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lemontwisst View Post
    YES!!!!! This is what I am talking about! I am certainly going to make this too!

Heyo Jay is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Looks easy enough to make
    My interesting paleo weight loss blog

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12