Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17

Thread: Check out my MEAT... Loaf that is! Come Share Your Recipes page 2

  1. #11
    lemontwisst's Avatar
    lemontwisst is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    495
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquid Gusto View Post
    I once made a meat roll recipe that was amazing. I made the meatloaf as normal, laid it out on a pan and flattened it into a sheet, put in freezer to let it stiffen a bit, took it out and sprinkled it with blanched spinach and cheese, rolled it up, cooked, then covered in tomato sauce.
    Whoa - gonna go do this right now with some ground chicken...thanks!

  2. #12
    Liquid Gusto's Avatar
    Liquid Gusto is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    227
    Quote Originally Posted by lemontwisst View Post
    Whoa - gonna go do this right now with some ground chicken...thanks!
    No problem! Enjoy it for me because I can't have dairy anymore. I believe during the flattening stage, I may have laid it out on parchment or waxed paper so I could lift the end to assist in getting the meat to roll evenly without falling apart

  3. #13
    lemontwisst's Avatar
    lemontwisst is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    495
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquid Gusto View Post
    No problem! Enjoy it for me because I can't have dairy anymore. I believe during the flattening stage, I may have laid it out on parchment or waxed paper so I could lift the end to assist in getting the meat to roll evenly without falling apart
    No dairy here either, mister's allergic. I pan fried some onions and garlic and tossed 'em in as well as the spinach. I used the parchment trick too, but should have used a bigger pan to spread the meat out on as it turned out pretty thick and not the easiest to roll. Oh well, it only has to be tasty and good for me, not look incredible

  4. #14
    Markbt's Avatar
    Markbt is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    563
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquid Gusto View Post
    I once made a meat roll recipe that was amazing. I made the meatloaf as normal, laid it out on a pan and flattened it into a sheet, put in freezer to let it stiffen a bit, took it out and sprinkled it with blanched spinach and cheese, rolled it up, cooked, then covered in tomato sauce.

    This is very similar to Tim Ferriss' recipe in the Four Hour Chef. His is the recipe I use and it is awesome. I am at work so I don't have the details in front of me, but basically you put mushroom and onion in the food processor and mix that into 2 pounds of fatty meat along with egg, spices, etc. Make a flat sheet, put spinach and goat cheese inside and roll it up. Put it on a flat pan and spread tomato paste on top and add some rosemary. Then bake it at some temperature and time I don't remember off the top of my head.

  5. #15
    amaturechef's Avatar
    amaturechef is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    kennewick WA
    Posts
    1
    Mix a half and half mixture of ground beef and pork sausage, add onions, eggs, garlic and a double handful of fresh chopped spinach.

  6. #16
    GiGiEats's Avatar
    GiGiEats is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    433
    Quote Originally Posted by lemontwisst View Post
    Whoa - gonna go do this right now with some ground chicken...thanks!
    YES!!!!! This is what I am talking about! I am certainly going to make this too!

  7. #17
    Heyo Jay's Avatar
    Heyo Jay is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Canadaland
    Posts
    162
    PrimalCon New York
    Looks easy enough to make
    My interesting paleo weight loss blog

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •